RIP Pepper

• HTML tutorial

xKennyx

Rank III
Launch Member

Traveler I

Sad to say that earlier this afternoon, I was t-boned by a guy who ran a red light while I was passing through an intersection. Luckily, my two passengers and myself merely walked away with some cuts, bruises, bumps and burns... but my rig is very likely being counted as a total loss by my insurance company.

I'm trying to see a silver lining here. It was my first 4x4, and I didn't even have it for a year. Now I'm trying to figure out how to pick up the pieces. Not sure what kind of money I'll be reimbursed from the other driver yet so I can't even really start shopping. Maybe this'll give me a chance to re-do my build with a clear direction this time.

Stay safe on the roads out there everybody.

Reactions: 4xFar Adventures

4xFar Adventures

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Benefactor

San Francisco,CA
First Name
Brenton
Last Name
Corns
Member #

Glad you're ok, and sorry to hear about the rig. Sounds like if you were in anything much smaller, you may not have gotten away with just bumps and bruises.

Reactions: WJ - Firefly

Murphy Slaw

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Southern Illinois
Member #

Yep. Glad you and the passengers are safe. These things happen so quickly, and life is far more fragile than we think sometimes.

As much as we love 'em and work on them, these rigs are just plastic, aluminum and scrap iron in the end.

God Bless.

Tim

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Oxford, UK
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Lunn
Member #

Good to hear you are all OK. Hope it works out well for you.

Wawa Skittletits

Local Expert East Region USA
Staff member
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Wilkes-Barre, PA, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Hawley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRBZ674
Service Branch
USN veteran
As others have already stated I'm just glad you're all ok. Things/stuff can be replaced.

Winterpeg

CDN Prairie Ambassador
Staff member
Launch Member

Influencer II

Winnipeg, MB
Member #

Glad everyone is ok.
Whenever anything bad has happened to my rig I always looked at the bright side and saw it as an opportunity to upgrade!

Lifestyle Overland

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

United States
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
McCuiston
Member #

So sorry for your loss! Glad everyone came out ok though. Hope the insurance company treats you well, too.

cougargnw

Rank III

Advocate I

Glad everyone is ok, T bone wrecks are the worst. As for rides, think what would be the best body to start with and list the mods you would want and where you would run, then build from there