RedRunner87

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA
First Name
Vince
Last Name
Torres
So just looking through the pictures, which I know didn't capture every inch of the trail...but looked like Rimrocker and WTR were fairly easy trails?
Rimrocker was pretty easy, I don't think there was any "hard" parts. The Utah side did get rocky and slow going, but wasn't rock crawling, just rough. White rim 90% of it was easy. There were two hill climbs that required some concentration, but wasn't super hard. You would be find with a normal SUV and 4WD.

Reactions: JButtress

kentgaisford

Rank III

Contributor III

First Name
Kent
Last Name
Gaisford
Member #

Which direction (clockwise/counter) did you travel, and did you come into any rigs going the opposite way? how did that go? any skid plates (other than stock) needed? lift kits?
also - just out of curiosity - where's the spare on that red runner (CKA290)??

RedRunner87

Rank V

Enthusiast III

First Name
Vince
Last Name
Torres
Which direction (clockwise/counter) did you travel, and did you come into any rigs going the opposite way? how did that go? any skid plates (other than stock) needed? lift kits?
also - just out of curiosity - where's the spare on that red runner (CKA290)??
I assuming you are talking about Top of the World, we went right, which I believe is Counter Clockwise. Lift is definitely needed, sliders are definitely useful(everyone hit their sliders but me), we all have stock skids and they worked fine. We definitely banged them up a bit.

The weekend before the trip I blew my tire on a trail run. I took the 255/80 spare(the non-painted rim) from my buddy in the Red Tacoma, since we are both running 255/80. He had to go back to AZ, so we swapped to my stock size spare that was in the stock location, so I could get back to CO.

TacoFOB

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Hey guys. I was wondering are permits for the White Rim trail difficult to get right now? I looked at Canyonlands NPS website and it refers me to the recreation.gov website. Are permits currently not available, sold out, and or not available online? I was hoping to hit the trail in April 2021. Also upon searching for campsites it doesn't look I can reserve campsites along the trail. Is this a first come first serve situation? Any advice and or information would be greatly appreciated.

RedRunner87

Rank V

Enthusiast III

First Name
Vince
Last Name
Torres
Hey guys. I was wondering are permits for the White Rim trail difficult to get right now? I looked at Canyonlands NPS website and it refers me to the recreation.gov website. Are permits currently not available, sold out, and or not available online? I was hoping to hit the trail in April 2021. Also upon searching for campsites it doesn't look I can reserve campsites along the trail. Is this a first come first serve situation? Any advice and or information would be greatly appreciated.
Yes permits are hard to get. We had to reserve them the day they became available for each day we were there. I can't remember if it's 4 or 6 months in advance.

RedRunner87

Rank V

Enthusiast III

First Name
Vince
Last Name
Torres
"You may reserve overnight permits up to four months before"

It is literally 4 months to the date. So if it is 4/12 you would have to reserve on 12/12. 4/13 you would reserve 12/13. They go fast! You have to reserve both trail and camping permits FYI

Reactions: TacoFOB