Soap Lake, Washington, USA
First Name
Damien
Last Name
Hooper
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FFS
Recent trip to drive a few parts of the WABDR was cut short by a touch of flu, but had two really nice days checking out parts of the Cascades I haven't spent a lot of time in. initially tried to use Signal Peak Road out of White Swan to get up to the Takh Lakh Lake area, but a quick chat with a Yakama Nation Tribal Police Officer about using registered member roads (and not being a registered member) and I had to turn around and seek an alternate route. Ended up just exploring the area above Rimrock Lake and found a camp site that looked like a gem when I first arrived, but on closer inspection of immediate area around it, it was clear numerous previous users stowed their trash in every hidden nook and cranny (before and after picks of just the fire ring)...not sure why you'd take the effort to hide your trash rather than just bag it and haul it. Filled a 55-gallon trash bag at least 3/4 full from the one single site, tons of glass, boxes of spent shotgun shells, food debris, etc. Turns out the trash in the area harbored a pretty strong mouse population that I had to wage war against all night long. Was glad to get out of that camp site the next morning, found a nice day use spot on Rimrock Lake to make breakfast before heading up to Bethel Ridge and over to Highway 410 turning for home.
DSC_7628.JPGDSC_7636.JPGDSC_7640.JPGDSC_7645.JPGDSC_7647.JPGDSC_7637.JPG

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Recent trip to drive a few parts of the WABDR was cut short by a touch of flu, but had two really nice days checking out parts of the Cascades I haven't spent a lot of time in. initially tried to use Signal Peak Road out of White Swan to get up to the Takh Lakh Lake area, but a quick chat with a Yakama Nation Tribal Police Officer about using registered member roads (and not being a registered member) and I had to turn around and seek an alternate route. Ended up just exploring the area above Rimrock Lake and found a camp site that looked like a gem when I first arrived, but on closer inspection of immediate area around it, it was clear numerous previous users stowed their trash in every hidden nook and cranny (before and after picks of just the fire ring)...not sure why you'd take the effort to hide your trash rather than just bag it and haul it. Filled a 55-gallon trash bag at least 3/4 full from the one single site, tons of glass, boxes of spent shotgun shells, food debris, etc. Turns out the trash in the area harbored a pretty strong mouse population that I had to wage war against all night long. Was glad to get out of that camp site the next morning, found a nice day use spot on Rimrock Lake to make breakfast before heading up to Bethel Ridge and over to Highway 410 turning for home.
View attachment 114609View attachment 114610View attachment 114612View attachment 114613View attachment 114614View attachment 114611
Sorry to hear that. Glad you made the most out of it. Looking to do the WABDR next year.