Launch Member

Advocate III

Waterford Township, MI, USA
First Name
Brad
Last Name
Arsenault
Member #

A couple local OB members and friends plan to meet in South Pontiac and head to the monthly Cars&Coffee event at the M1 Concourse. This is a casual and exploratory meetup to see how much interest develops to represent the Off-Road and Overland vehicle community. Please read the M1 Concourse event details and requests about vehicles show-worthiness here: https://m1concourse.com/event/m1-concourse-cars-coffee-4/
If you don't want to put your vehicle on display, please still join us!

joe.schigel

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Detroit, MI
Looks like a good time! I'm also hosting a cars and coffee this weekend if anyone wants to come out and say hi! I'll be at both for sure. I'm at most M1 events if I'm in town.

Cars & Coffee @ the Lakes

2nd Sat of every month (except August)
8:30-10:30
1450 S Hospital Rd, Waterford Twp, MI 48327

joe.schigel

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Detroit, MI
A couple local OB members and friends plan to meet in South Pontiac and head to the monthly Cars&Coffee event at the M1 Concourse. This is a casual and exploratory meetup to see how much interest develops to represent the Off-Road and Overland vehicle community. Please read the M1 Concourse event details and requests about vehicles show-worthiness here: M1 Concourse Cars & Coffee – MOPAR | M1 Concourse

Grundle, where in Waterford are you? I'm at the corner of Hospital and Cooley Lake rd.

GrundleJuice

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate III

First Name
Brad
Last Name
Arsenault
Member #

hey, neighbor! 59 & crescent lk.
oh dang! You're really close! small world!
A Mississippi transplant new to Michigan ( @Sledder10 )told me about this cars&coffee event at M1, said they went last month with their rig and a friends. Since there are no OB/Off-road specific coffee meets already I figured a good start would be to join up with this established one and go from there. Hopefully you can join and spread the word to anyone you think would be interested!

joe.schigel

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Detroit, MI
A Mississippi transplant new to Michigan ( @Sledder10 )told me about this cars&coffee event at M1, said they went last month with their rig and a friends. Since there are no OB/Off-road specific coffee meets already I figured a good start would be to join up with this established one and go from there. Hopefully you can join and spread the word to anyone you think would be interested!
Welcome then! Michigan is beautiful but the roads are obscene. I'm from Ohio myself and there are a lot of transplants in the metro Detroit area.

M1 is an amazing event! they have 500-1500 cars on any given day. If you like classics and cruise ins, the VFW in waterford off of Union Lake rd does a cruise in Wednesday evenings, Multi-lakes conservation assc does one Friday nights, and Baker's of Milford does a big one Sunday afternoon. There's always cruising Woodward Friday evenings as well in the summer (I did that a lot in the past, not as much anymore).

I'm not sure of any off-road specific cruise-ins. there may be one or there is an opportunity to start one!

Reactions: GrundleJuice

M Ladetto

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate I

Waterford, MI
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Ladetto
Member #

Looks like a good time! I'm also hosting a cars and coffee this weekend if anyone wants to come out and say hi! I'll be at both for sure. I'm at most M1 events if I'm in town.

So do you guys meet up in the bowling alley parking lot? I might have to stop by one Saturday.

GrundleJuice

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate III

First Name
Brad
Last Name
Arsenault
Member #

@GrundleJuice , you planning to \"show\" your rig, or meet in the public parking lot and see who shows up?
I'm planning to "show", hopefully there will be at least a couple more that do the same! I'll put all the camping "Brocoma" gear on it and give it a wash. BTW, sorry so late to reply, I didn't get an notification that there were messages here!

Last edited:

GrundleJuice

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate III

First Name
Brad
Last Name
Arsenault
Member #

Joe,
Will you be doing this on July 9 then? If so, I think I'll come by.

GrundleJuice

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate III

First Name
Brad
Last Name
Arsenault
Member #

Joe,
Will you be doing this on July 9 then? If so, I think I'll come by.
Yup! I'll be hosting July 9th!

I'll also be at M1 tomorrow. I may have an 80 there as well. We'll see if I can get the control arm bushings done and brake master cylinder bleed.
Good luck, hope to see it there.

GrundleJuice

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate III

First Name
Brad
Last Name
Arsenault
Member #

It looks like there are 2 confirmed, plus myself. As the rally point info says, the plan is to leave Avon Donuts by 8:15 to cross Woodward and head into M1. Hope to see you tomorrow at Avon Donuts.

Last edited:

Craig Bourland

Rank V
Launch Member

Expedition Master III

Madison Heights, MI
First Name
Craig
Last Name
Bourland
Member #

I made it to Avon a little after 8 and the parking lot was full so I just got in line. I think that was your orange Tacoma right across from me and I saw the m715. I ended up talking to the guy with the white FJ40 down on the skid pad for most of the meet. Sorry I missed you guys. I do plan on going back next month.

GrundleJuice

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate III

First Name
Brad
Last Name
Arsenault
Member #

I made it to Avon a little after 8 and the parking lot was full so I just got in line. I think that was your orange Tacoma right across from me and I saw the m715. I ended up talking to the guy with the white FJ40 down on the skid pad for most of the meet. Sorry I missed you guys. I do plan on going back next month.
Yeah, it was packed! Next time I'll plan to meet there at 7 and be ready to roll out by 730-740 when they open the gate. That line to get in was no joke. I assume the lifted Yukon with the cargo box on top was you. The M715 with Mopar V10 was neat, but that white land cruiser was my fav.

Sledder10

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Oxford, MS, USA
First Name
Nic
Last Name
Simon
What time are you planning on meeting this Saturday? I land in detroit at about 9:15am that morning and can just drive the rig to Waterford from DTW. I was also thinking of going wheeling and maybe camping at silver lake dunes or somewhere else afterwards. Anyone interested, or got recommendations?

joe.schigel

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Detroit, MI
The cars and coffee I'm hosting in Waterford is 8:30-10:30. come on by if you get a chance!

Sorry I missed you guys. I got to talk to the guy with the JT and a couple who brought a Wagoneer. I bet it would be easier for us to chat on the 9th.

Here's the link to the event page

IMG_2903.jpg

Reactions: Sledder10