Rigs and how to build them

• HTML tutorial
How do you build rigs?

Back story

I was recently contacted by a neighbour who had seen my small collection of 4x4’s consisting of

LandCruiser 100
Lada Niva
Suzuki Jimny
Land-rover Discovery 2
And Two Pickups both work cars

And asked what I do with them I told them I just explore
And they asked to come with me on a trip, I set off in my old lifted diesel discovery and the other guy-peter, took his shiny new L405 I took him a few hundred miles from our little village to strata Florida in wales and spent two days mostly off road and after a brilliant and rainy weekend away he told me he was going to buy an old hilux and build it for “muddy camping” ,overlanding, and he asked how should he build it, crazy or as much as possible as little as needed I went off my head and said 2 inch lift, snorkel, remap and a good set of tyres.

What do you run?

mylilpwny

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

How do you build rigs?

Back story

I was recently contacted by a neighbour who had seen my small collection of 4x4’s consisting of

LandCruiser 100
Lada Niva
Suzuki Jimny
Land-rover Discovery 2
And Two Pickups both work cars

And asked what I do with them I told them I just explore
And they asked to come with me on a trip, I set off in my old lifted diesel discovery and the other guy-peter, took his shiny new L405 I took him a few hundred miles from our little village to strata Florida in wales and spent two days mostly off road and after a brilliant and rainy weekend away he told me he was going to buy an old hilux and build it for “muddy camping” ,overlanding, and he asked how should he build it, crazy or as much as possible as little as needed I went off my head and said 2 inch lift, snorkel, remap and a good set of tyres.

What do you run?
For now mult rig is relatively stock. Only mods so far are communication, storage ( camper shell) and convenient things (window visors, interior storage/organization, phone mounts , etc.)

2 things I do not skimp out on are suspension and tires. These two things can make you love or hate your rig in a heartbeat. I would rather save up for a good suspension lift set up than run a spacer lift and hate it just to get what little gains that gives you. I come from an off-road and road racing background and know how important those 2 things are. After those you just decided what you are wanting interms of gear and what not and go from there.
Also reaserch, reaserch and some more reaserch lol. Make a plan of what/how you want it set up and tweek to your liking/budget.