Launch Member

Contributor II

Chico, CA, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Hoover
Member #

Has anyone run a RIGd hitch spare tire carrier? I’d like a full size spare for my ‘04 T4R Limited since it’s an AWD. Also like the idea of being able to fit a RotoPax behind it. I commute to work and have a 30 mile gap between gas stations. I’d prefer a rear bumper with dual swing outs but that’d cost as much as I paid for the truck. I never liked the idea of a bike rack to hold your spare but I’ve been looking at the RIGd and it seems like a decent compromise. Anyone run a RIGd?

Attachments

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
I just finished this mod but with the Wilco setup. There are some good options out there including this Ridg.

Reactions: Wampa150

Wampa150

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor II

Chico, CA, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Hoover
Member #

I just finished this mod but with the Wilco setup. There are some good options out there including this Ridg.
How do you like your Wilco? Is it tight? I’ve got zero patience if there’s any flopping around back there.

Charles M

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Wickenburg, AZ, USA
First Name
Charles
Last Name
M
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1CJM
How do you like your Wilco? Is it tight? I’ve got zero patience if there’s any flopping around back there.
The Wilco has a wedge type lock that locks the mount in place and there is no movement at all in the mount. On the road it makes no noise and when off road I have not noticed it making any noise either.