RIGD UltraSwing Hitch Carrier (Multi Fit)

• HTML tutorial

outsidesleep

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Pennsylvania, USA
First Name
Molly
Last Name
Sullivan
Member #

Hello All,

Does anyone own a Rigd UltraSwing hitch carrier? I'm looking into this product to carry a spare tire and bike rack off the back of a 2015 Nissan Frontier. Any reviews of this product would be appreciated.

Reactions: Liana Lehua

RainGoat

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Redmond, WA, USA
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Davis
Member #

I’ll be interested in any responses you get. You might want to look at the Wilco Solo Hitchgate as well

outsidesleep

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Pennsylvania, USA
First Name
Molly
Last Name
Sullivan
Member #

Thanks @RainGoat , I looked at the Wilco hitchgate you mentioned but really like that the RIGD UltraSwing would allow a hitch mounted bike rack along with the spare tire.

BJ_OTR

Rank II
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Fountain Valley, Ca
First Name
Bert
Last Name
Mekpongsatorn
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS: WREZ604
D9126D8C-96AB-4543-BCE3-34C5A09C836C.jpeg
here you go, I love my ultraswing!!! Customer service is awesome too! i almost went with an expedition one full bumper but ran into these guys at RIGd supplies instead. Got what I needed and saved a couple thousand!

Reactions: RainGoat

Delux2769

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lakewood, CO, USA
Member #

@Neal A. Tew You own a RIGD rear thing, right? Or was it the other 4Runner at the Rockies West meet you set up last year?

Those RIGDs are SUPER stout. Watched the 4Runner in front of us go through some big bumps at speed, and the rear never moved or rattled. After looking at its construction, I'd definitely push it to its limits, especially over the Wilco which I have seen a ton of on Subarus.

Ben Kim

Rank V
Investor

Traveler III

Centennial, CO, USA
First Name
Ben
Last Name
Kim
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0YZW
I’ve had an UltraSwing since it was released last year. It’s been excellent. No issues with it. I did break the small pin that keeps the tension on the latch mechanism to keep it closed but that was because I forgot to close and lock the UltraSwing, drove out of the drive and around a right turn corner. With a full spare tire, hi lift, MaxTraxx, and a front runner table installed on the UltraSwing, the only that broke when the whole UlteaSwing came crashing back into the back of the truck was that little pin. Rigd sent me a free replacement latch in 24 hours and it was a quick swap. It’s allowed me to expand my capacity to carry recovery gear and a full size spare. Check out my Instagram (@ben_out_co) for photos throughout the last year. It’s worth every penny. The owner of Rigd actually came from Wilco and built a better product with better support and a full catalog of add-ons that extend the utility of the product. Buy it and don’t look back(except to make sure you locked the latch LOL)!!

tundra21

Rank V

Advocate III

Riverside County, California, United States
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Stein
Member #

I’ve had an UltraSwing since it was released last year. It’s been excellent. No issues with it. I did break the small pin that keeps the tension on the latch mechanism to keep it closed but that was because I forgot to close and lock the UltraSwing, drove out of the drive and around a right turn corner. With a full spare tire, hi lift, MaxTraxx, and a front runner table installed on the UltraSwing, the only that broke when the whole UlteaSwing came crashing back into the back of the truck was that little pin. Rigd sent me a free replacement latch in 24 hours and it was a quick swap. It’s allowed me to expand my capacity to carry recovery gear and a full size spare. Check out my Instagram (@ben_out_co) for photos throughout the last year. It’s worth every penny. The owner of Rigd actually came from Wilco and built a better product with better support and a full catalog of add-ons that extend the utility of the product. Buy it and don’t look back(except to make sure you locked the latch LOL)!!
Thanks you’ve solved that problem. I’ve meet RIGd at OB West 2019 seemed like stand up people. Here I Go !

Reactions: outsidesleep

UltimaSanctus

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Greenville, SC, USA
First Name
B
Last Name
W
Member #

I've been considering getting the RIGd over the Wilco because it appears to be stronger (and seems that way from the responses here) and while both hitches are rated to tow more than my truck can (2004 Tahoe-7300lbs, Wilco-7500, RIGd-10000) the location of the hitch is better on the RIGd. It's inline with the factory hitch instead of ~4" above it like the Wilco high clearance

Reactions: outsidesleep

Ben Kim

Rank V
Investor

Traveler III

Centennial, CO, USA
First Name
Ben
Last Name
Kim
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0YZW
View attachment 146584
so the RIGd allows you to toe off your hitch
Yes - the UltraSwing is now rated for towing. It wasn't originally because RIGd was still waiting for the testing to complete. But all models (past, current and future) are tow rated now.

Tow rated lower receiver (10,000 lbs/1,000 lb tongue)