Investor

Trail Blazer III

Visalia, CA, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Garcia
Member #

I broke my chrome bullet step on my wife's side off on a rock and now using a ladder for her to get in. I am only running 35's but she is short and this ladder in and out getting old. Any ideas that are easy adjustable to get out of the way when wheeling and back in place fast. I am not fond of power steps because if water get in they will not work.

Cort

Rank VI
Launch Member

Trail Blazer III

Grand Rapids
First Name
Cort
Last Name
Beard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD8GQL
I’d search for vehicle specific rock sliders that have a built in step.

Reactions: PintSize

HEYElliott

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Markham, Ontario, Canada
Member #

Rock sliders with a step would be ideal, if youre a handy guy or have a friend with a shop they could be made or even just a small step could be welded to your frame to make it easy.

Inthewoods

Local Expert Central CA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Visalia, CA, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Garcia
Member #

Rock sliders with steps is an idea. I'm driving a Dodge Ram 2500 Ext cab 4x4 on 35's and a 6in lift. I do take it into tight spaces and a rock slider would be a cool and needed add on.

James Deaton

Rank V

Pathfinder I

Yep true. I’ve found the factory (oem) running boards are the strongest. They typically bolt to the frame, whereas the aftermarket steps/running boards bolt to the pinchwelt.

Even the big name steps and running boards bolt to the pinch welt and flex when you stand on them.

Horse Soldier

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Louisville Ky
First Name
B
Last Name
Davis
Member #

My wife is 5ft tall so I used the floor mount and installed and English saddle stirrup. When not in use it sits on the floor.

Reactions: KC2BUN

Inthewoods

Local Expert Central CA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Visalia, CA, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Garcia
Member #

Yeah my wife is 5-2". Stirrup? that's where you put your boot in to get on the horse, right?

PintSize

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler I

Corpus Christi, Texas
Member #

I use rock sliders that are Rock sliders bolted to the frame. They add that protection to the cab...The cost to repair surmounts the cost to just bolt or weld them on. I've seen sliders that have detachable steps if the sliders are not low enough for her to climb in.