Launch Member

Influencer II

Fishers, IN
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Etter
Member #

I leveled out the back of my H3 with a wooden platform then used an air mattress. It worked pretty well. I had a cargo basket on the roof so a lot of my gear went up there to clear space to sleep. Still thinking of what sleeping setup I want to do with the new rig though lol.

Jasonb

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Georgetown, California, United States
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Bath
Member #

I have a square body suburban with a short bed pickup size roof rack lol, slide the stuff in the truck to one side and set up a cot. On hot nights, I made magnetic screens for the back doors so I can role the windows down a bit and not let critters in
these are the screens. Ugly but they work lol
Sent from my SM-N920V using OB Talk mobile app

VCeXpedition

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Torrance, L.A., Cal., Earth
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Rich
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6DHR
I *everything* in the back of my rig. Fridge to the left, kitchen to the right, below the sleeping platform for one.
I drop the 2nd seat down and fold the front seat forward to make room for the platform just wide enough for one.

20170409_192317.jpg

Still ongoing improvement to make this rig better and more efficient.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using OB Talk mobile app

Rusty burbin

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hesperia, CA 92345, USA
First Name
Jonah
Last Name
Gregg
Member #

I have a square body suburban with a short bed pickup size roof rack lol, slide the stuff in the truck to one side and set up a cot. On hot nights, I made magnetic screens for the back doors so I can role the windows down a bit and not let critters in
I made magnetic curtains for my 70 burb... I dig the screen idea though! I'm gonna do that too!

Rustyburbin from SoCal 5 kids, wife, dog and a 1970 K20 Suburban

Reactions: Jasonb

michiganoverland

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Michigan
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Howell
Member #

Here is my sleeping configuration. My suburban has gobs of space so it's pretty easy to get everything inside *and* a twin air mattress.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is good to know (I've also got a Suburban). Doing a quick overnight this weekend and hadn't texted out my blow up mattress inside with the seats down. [emoji106]

What type of air mattress do you use? I've got one, but it looks larger than what's in your pictures.

tbisaacs

Rank III

Advocate I

Renton, WA
Member #

This is good to know (I've also got a Suburban). Doing a quick overnight this weekend and hadn't texted out my blow up mattress inside with the seats down. [emoji106]

What type of air mattress do you use? I've got one, but it looks larger than what's in your pictures.
Target brand twin with a 12v pump. You could easily fit 2 sleeping pads, or slightly narrower twin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: TnK1

BCBrian

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Boulder Creek, CA
Member #

I can fit a twin sized camping mattress in the back of my X. I pull the rear seat bottoms and leave them at home, then I push the seats forward and tilt them forward and put 8 gal Action Packers in the rear foot wells and a 6 pack of oil between them and it makes a nice flat sleeping platform.

A couple of my friends had their tents destroyed by wind in Death Valley a few weeks ago but I just felt my rig rocking back and forth a little.....

Reactions: TnK1

ASNOBODY

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate II

Detroit, Michigan
Member #

I don't think that's ugly at all. Great idea!

Reactions: TnK1 and Jasonb

Flank

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Coquitlam, BC, Canada
First Name
Jordan
Last Name
Atkinson
Member #

My rig is a Delica L300, I'll fold the seats down and sleep on a mattress in the back sometimes. More often it's my Hennessy Hammock though. Some of my best sleeps ever have been in that thing.

Sent from my ONE A2005 using OB Talk mobile app