Rig Mileage

• HTML tutorial

davidpick

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor I

Pacific NW
Member #

164k on my 2004 Tacoma. Bought it with 87k on the clock back in August of 2012. Lots of miles up and down the west coast these past 4 years. Wouldn't change a thing... except maybe swapping in a Toyota small-block v8. Now that would be the *perfect* truck.

Reactions: 1largemouth

w_m_photo

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Gahanna, OH
First Name
Walt
Last Name
Middleton
Member #

Just about to hit a quarter of a million on my 2009 Jeep JKU, I'm at 249,500 now...
But, I took a pic at 248842 for fun....
WP_20161013_14_09_48_Pro.jpg

TRL EATR

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

First Name
Scott
Last Name
Bastian
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W1TRL
3,100 on my 2015 Rubicon. It's my daily driver (more fun to drive than my real daily driver), but I work 5 miles from home and travel a ton on airplanes, so most of these miles are to and from Hollister Hills, Lake Alpine, and Bald Mountain! Love it - great thread!

Keylay

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Cypress, Texas
Member #

115,xxx miles on my 2003 Toyota 4Runner. Beyond regular maintenance, it hasn't given any indications i couldn't double or triple the mileage i currently have.

Kelly

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Member Rep
Launch Member

Traveler III

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Kelly
Last Name
Herrin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KFØDEX

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

Merge? What the rule on that?
We don't have an official rule. Rather than post "Do a search, noob!" I try to gently persuade folks to post in the existing thread like the example quoted. If the conversation continues in the new thread, and I notice it, I'll usually merge them. Sometimes it doesn't make sense to merge, as discussions head in different directions, so with the OP's permission, I'll rename the thread to better describe the conversation. Sometimes they just go unnoticed.

I'll be the first to admit that the search here is not always helpful. It won't even bother to search 3-letter words unless you put in a user's name to reach by. So unless I remember posting in a thread on MPG, it doesn't show in the search results.

Search also defaults to only searching in the current sub-forum. @Michael might want to change that setting.

If anyone sees threads that should be merged, tag me or any of the moderators and let us know.

Thanks,
Steve

(merging these threads now.)

Reactions: Kelly

Kelly

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Member Rep
Launch Member

Traveler III

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Kelly
Last Name
Herrin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KFØDEX
We don't have an official rule. Rather than post "Do a search, noob!" I try to gently persuade folks to post in the existing thread like the example quoted. If the conversation continues in the new thread, and I notice it, I'll usually merge them. Sometimes it doesn't make sense to merge, as discussions head in different directions, so with the OP's permission, I'll rename the thread to better describe the conversation. Sometimes they just go unnoticed.

I'll be the first to admit that the search here is not always helpful. It won't even bother to search 3-letter words unless you put in a user's name to reach by. So unless I remember posting in a thread on MPG, it doesn't show in the search results.

Search also defaults to only searching in the current sub-forum. @Michael might want to change that setting.

If anyone sees threads that should be merged, tag me or any of the moderators and let us know.

Thanks,
Steve

(merging these threads now.)
The forums are hard enough to find information as it is. I encourage you to merge any of my "already being discussed elsewhere" threads :-)

w_m_photo

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Gahanna, OH
First Name
Walt
Last Name
Middleton
Member #

Some fun and a little bragging... I'm at 261,000 miles now and I just got my Jeep back from the dealer....
With a Brand new Transmission :sunglasses:
Plus they only had it for two days...
I'm loving the warranty on this thing!

AdventureWithDanan

Local Expert, Florida USA
Investor

Pathfinder II

Safety Harbor, FL, USA
First Name
Danan
Last Name
Coleman
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W3AWD
Service Branch
CERT
Some fun and a little bragging... I'm at 261,000 miles now and I just got my Jeep back from the dealer....
With a Brand new Transmission :sunglasses:
Plus they only had it for two days...
I'm loving the warranty on this thing!
261k on your Jeep and you got a tranny under warranty??!!