Vanhalo

Rank II

Enthusiast III

FEMA REGION IV
First Name
Van
Last Name
Halo
I have decided to go with Stedi lighting for my roof rack lighting.
I am heavily leaning towards the 1st setup with an 13.9" amber light on the front and 2x 11" Stedi light bars.
The larger light bar is using OSRAM LEDs and the smaller 11" lights are using Crees.
I do like the lower profile of the 41" ST3301 but i think it will affect gas mileage more than the 2 11" lights.
Not sure though.

Last edited:

zgfiredude

Rank VI

Steward I

Silt, CO, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Nichols
Member #

Service Branch
Firefighter
Interesting.......I tend to like the first version. Unique and perhaps better lighting. One thing to try and consider is wind noise, and from my reading......long light bars are noisy.

Vanhalo

Rank II

Enthusiast III

FEMA REGION IV
First Name
Van
Last Name
Halo
Interesting.......I tend to like the first version. Unique and perhaps better lighting. One thing to try and consider is wind noise, and from my reading......long light bars are noisy.
That is a point I had forgotten.
Currently the rack itself doesn't make any noise.
I would be unhappy engineering in noise with a light bar.

zgfiredude

Rank VI

Steward I

Silt, CO, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Nichols
Member #

Service Branch
Firefighter
I have a Gobi rack on my JKUR and have chased a whistling noise above 50 MPH......I am tweaking the deflector a bit at a time and am dangerously close. I want to do some lighting also......but am a bit fearful of the noise. I personally think your V.1 will be better in that regard, but that is a mostly uneducated guess.

Reactions: 9Mike2 and Vanhalo

GBGCR4x4

Rank III

Advocate I

Florida, USA
First Name
Gianluca
Last Name
Boncompagni
I have a large Cali Raised LED light bar right below my Front Runner slimline II. It does get a bit noisy, a whistling noise. What I did, was put a rubber channel between the gap left below the bar and the roof. It has helped reduce the noise a lot, but there is still some. I think noise is something you'll have to deal with. The long LED light would be my preferred choice because it's just so useful. I have two flood lights at the back of my rack, very useful!

Reactions: 9Mike2 and Vanhalo

MidOH

Rank IV

Off-Road Ranger I

Mid Ohio
First Name
John
Last Name
Clark
Ham/GMRS Callsign
YourHighness
Option #1. But only if you put it on the jeep backwards.

Reactions: 9Mike2

MidOH

Rank IV

Off-Road Ranger I

Mid Ohio
First Name
John
Last Name
Clark
Ham/GMRS Callsign
YourHighness
I just meant to get rid of the forward facing brights. Get them down on the bumper instead.

Vanhalo

Rank II

Enthusiast III

FEMA REGION IV
First Name
Van
Last Name
Halo
I have decided to go with Stedi lighting for my roof rack lighting.
I am heavily leaning towards the 1st setup with an 13.9" amber light on the front and 2x 11" Stedi light bars.
The larger light bar is using OSRAM LEDs and the smaller 11" lights are using Crees.
I do like the lower profile of the 41" ST3301 but i think it will affect gas mileage more than the 2 11" lights.
Not sure though.

2 more options.....

My 15 year old son likes the triple led light bar configuration but wants to see the light throw on the 39"

Screenshot at 2022-03-10 20:56:04.png

st3303_pro_39_inch-lightthrow.jpg

Last edited:

zgfiredude

Rank VI

Steward I

Silt, CO, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Nichols
Member #

Service Branch
Firefighter
Can you cover the power draw of those? I my casual reading they were amp heavy.

zgfiredude

Rank VI

Steward I

Silt, CO, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Nichols
Member #

Service Branch
Firefighter
All the dual row bars but spread wide on the little ones it they fit there.

Vanhalo

Rank II

Enthusiast III

FEMA REGION IV
First Name
Van
Last Name
Halo
All the dual row bars but spread wide on the little ones it they fit there.
They will not fit.
On the new version of the Rhino Rack the top mounting channel stops where the gray hatched area is.
Unless they are mounted underneath.
I not sure those amber work lights will be effective mounted underneath (on the front).

i would add C-4 diffused cubes on the outside here instead of the slim amber work lights.

It is getting a little busy at that point and the wiring becomes more challenging.

I’m still undecided on how to address the front work lights with the Rhino Rack set back on the hard top.

i want to have functional lighting that I can actually use and doesn’t engineer me out of other utility tasks. I.e. like hauling lumber on my roof rack or kayaks.

Screenshot at 2022-03-12 21:56:14.png

Last edited:

Vanhalo

Rank II

Enthusiast III

FEMA REGION IV
First Name
Van
Last Name
Halo
Probably going with one of these configurations. Still prefer the 1st option for its flexibility.

Screenshot at 2022-03-13 00:26:38.png

Last edited: