Launch Member

Member III

Anderson, SC
First Name
Kelly
Last Name
Slatton
Member #

Do you think the RR Backbone will do the job? I know the weight rating for the JKU hard top is basically 0lbs.

Anchor Mtn

US Rocky Mountain Region Member Rep
Launch Member

Influencer II

Fruita, Colorado
Member #

Take a look at the Frontrunner Outfitters Jeep JKU racks. The mount securely to the rollcage(shorter uprights, less deflection).
The Frontrunner racks are good for 600lbs which is more than enough for a RTT.

KellyS

Rank IV
Launch Member

Member III

Anderson, SC
First Name
Kelly
Last Name
Slatton
Member #

Roof rack is on the back burner. Blew up my lawn mower last week and just dropped 2k on a new one. Such is life.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Phase2

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Berkley, MI
Member #

Take a look at the Frontrunner Outfitters Jeep JKU racks. The mount securely to the rollcage(shorter uprights, less deflection).
The Frontrunner racks are good for 600lbs which is more than enough for a RTT.
I did a ton of research on roof racks and I just ordered a Front Runner Slimline II. The accessory catalog is really impressive in addition to the excellent design of the rack itself.

KellyS

Rank IV
Launch Member

Member III

Anderson, SC
First Name
Kelly
Last Name
Slatton
Member #

I did a ton of research on roof racks and I just ordered a Front Runner Slimline II. The accessory catalog is really impressive in addition to the excellent design of the rack itself.
Thanks for he info. I'll definitely check them out.

dstock

Rank VI

Influencer I

Lake Arrowhead, CA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Stockslager
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ZGS
If you want to take your roof off, last I heard Frontrunner isn't designed to do that easily. Also, keep in mind to install the Frontrunner on a JKU you will be drilling 16 22mm holes in your roof!!!!

Reactions: KellyS