Review of WARN 9000i winch

• HTML tutorial

IronPercheron

Rank VI
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Sweeny Texas
Member #

I got my Warn XD9000i off of the remains of a up fitted and armored toyota hilux in a country that shall not be named by means of proper channels and documentation using customs and all other necessary organizations. I was told by a reliable source that the truck was 4 years old and spent all 4 years exploring the more dangerous and hard to get to places of the area where other military vehicles couldn't venture.

There was not much left of the truck, and the cable was severely frayed and otherwise mutilated... i took it off to save on shipping.

That was 6 years ago and all i did was slap a new cable on it. It has been on 3 different rigs and used to do things it was not made for to include dragging a 7.3l f350 dually up on to a 29ft taper tail heavy equipment trailer, pulling out a Caterpillar D-5 dozer, and hanging my jeep from big oak tree for christmas.

So in 10 years this winch has been in at least 3 different countries, 4 different rigs, used and abused in all of them and has only ever needed a cable. I feel this is because everything is enclosed in one sealed unit rather than the open bottom black control box we see most often.... if ever it dies i am going to rebuild it. if ever i buy another new winch it will be a warn.

Captur64e.PNG

Reactions: Overland-Indiana

gandrimp

Rank III

Advocate II

Good review.
I have the m8000 by warn. I haven't hung my truck in an oak tree but its been good to me.

Just an FYI, the side that the free spool is on, is not water tight. My winch was submerged for a while and must have pushed all the grease out, because when I got around to servicing it there was no grease, just water.

IronPercheron

Rank VI
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Sweeny Texas
Member #

Good review.
I have the m8000 by warn. I haven't hung my truck in an oak tree but its been good to me.

Just an FYI, the side that the free spool is on, is not water tight. My winch was submerged for a while and must have pushed all the grease out, because when I got around to servicing it there was no grease, just water.
I will have to check that :-/ dont want any pre mature failure

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk