Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Nashua, New Hampshire
First Name
Alex
Last Name
Levesque
Member #

Bottom pic is before winter and the oxidation top is after. Any pointers how to clean up badly oxidized badges? I live I. An area with a lot of salt use in winter and my badge got hit bad this winter. Any help would be great!

Attachments

Last edited:

NotGumby

Local Expert Germany
Investor

Influencer II

Frankfurt, Germany
First Name
Rick
Last Name
Vinnie
Member #

Service Branch
Army Veteran 11B 54E
Following closely because the salt here in Germany ate up my Badge. I forgot to apply regular slathers of wax like I did the year before.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Pick Teej

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Smethport, Pennsylvania
Member #

we are having this problem in the Northeast US as well. Michael said we can send in a picture of the badge and OB will replace it free of charge. I know the crew is working on finding a solution that will give the badge longer life in harsh environments. Mine is very similar to yours Crusty, but personally I like the wear. it adds character. Nothing stays shiny forever.

Crusty Overland

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Nashua, New Hampshire
First Name
Alex
Last Name
Levesque
Member #

we are having this problem in the Northeast US as well. Michael said we can send in a picture of the badge and OB will replace it free of charge. I know the crew is working on finding a solution that will give the badge longer life in harsh environments. Mine is very similar to yours Crusty, but personally I like the wear. it adds character. Nothing stays shiny forever.
I’m going to replace the badge on our newer rig with a new one that I will clear coat, the oxidized one I will customize for our 1967 project. The New Hampshire badges just take a beating from the salt in the winter

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: Scout