Resource Map up and running?

• HTML tutorial

Ruckup08

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

King George Virginia
Member #

So its seems that the Resource Map and the Member Map are one in the same. I tried to post a campsite but its not showing. Does it have to be vetted by OB staff or something before it posts? take time and I'm not being patient? Since OB is about exploring I love the idea of having a map of trails, campsites, etc. because few resources exist and I have some to contribute.

Reactions: Jimmy Schantz

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

Map location requests go into a queue for approval, yes. Otherwise members add all sorts of odd things, or provide bad coordinates, etc.

Yours was for the campsite near Skyline Drive, at 38.44788,-78.43609? Great description, exactly the kind of map location request that gets approved. When members try to add a place and just say "Cool" but not what it is or anything else about it, it usually does not get approved.

Your request was approved this morning.

Thanks for adding great content!

Road

Correus

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Belle Plaine, Kansas, 67013
Member #

I just found my location pin on the map - it's in the wrong place - 147 miles to the north east of where I'm actually located.

How can I get the location fixed?

Can anyone help me with this?

Last edited:

Ruckup08

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

King George Virginia
Member #

Mine is off as well but not that far. Still in my county. Certainly not using my address. Wish the map let you move your own icon and update waypoints you create. Work in progress I guess. If more people start using this and adding trails and campsites it will get some more attention. What a great resource this could be

Reactions: Correus

Kingsize

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Mont Belvieu, TX
Member #

Yea... Mine is the same, but at least it is in the right county I guess. Wish this could be easily changed by the end user.

Mine is off as well but not that far. Still in my county. Certainly not using my address. Wish the map let you move your own icon and update waypoints you create. Work in progress I guess. If more people start using this and adding trails and campsites it will get some more attention. What a great resource this could be