Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
I'm lost cant find myself on the map again, what's up?
:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry: Paper, Paper,Paper.....they make them for times like this. That map book can and is your friend. Had to use one once a dusk, when the written out map instructions said one way, and the Garmin GPS said another. This during rush hour outside Detroit. I had never been there before. Got out the map, showed my partner where we were and where we wanted to go, and wallah..... 45 minutes later we were golden.

Now with that said, i think OP is tweaking our noses.....wink wink. But for those who rely on electronic maps only,........let this be a lesson.

EDIT: hope you find your way, let us know either way....

Last edited:

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry: Paper, Paper,Paper.....they make them for times like this. That map book can and is your friend. Had to use one once a dusk, when the written out map instructions said one way, and the Garmin GPS said another. This during rush hour outside Detroit. I had never been there before. Got out the map, showed my partner where we were and where we wanted to go, and wallah..... 45 minutes later we were golden.

Now with that said, i think OP is tweaking our noses.....wink wink. But for those who rely on electronic maps only,........let this be a lesson.

EDIT: hope you find your way, let us know either way....
He posted in the Member Map forum. The software is borked for a lot of folks. ;)

I'm missing again, which has happened on and off since the map was first added. Usually it puts me in Lake Erie. There are typically 50-75 or so people in the northern Ohio area on the map, but now there are about five. And all the routes The new software can't come soon enough!

Last edited:
Reactions: sully3

Desert Runner

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
He posted in the Member Map forum. The software is borked for a lot of folks. ;)

I'm missing again, which has happened on and off since the map was first added. Usually it puts me in Lake Erie. There are typically 50-75 or so people in the northern Ohio area on the map, but now there are about five. And all the routes The new software can't come soon enough!
Thanks for the update. Reminds me of Apple maps?....Bing? years ago where it showed users traveling in San Francisco Bay, and not on a road.

Desert Runner

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
Thanks for the update. Reminds me of Apple maps?....Bing? years ago where it showed users traveling in San Francisco Bay, and not on a road.
To put a little humor in a stressful time, be glad your not this guytapatalk_1554476270466.jpeg

I wouldn't even try that on a ATV at 1 MPH, feet...mine... only.

Last edited:
Reactions: sully3

sully3

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Purdy, MO
First Name
jeff
Last Name
sullivan
Member #

yea just a few days or so ago I was there and then POOF sully3 is gone again lol..

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
I keep checking "show on map" in my profile, saving and refreshing to make sure it stuck. After a few hours it is unchecked again.

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

I keep checking "show on map" in my profile, saving and refreshing to make sure it stuck. After a few hours it is unchecked again.
I have noticed the same, except mine is unchecked within minutes.
Neat novelty item if it works, but no biggie if it doesn't.... to me anyways.

Reactions: Ubiety

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
I have noticed the same, except mine is unchecked within minutes.
Neat novelty item if it works, but no biggie if it doesn't.... to me anyways.
May very well be after a few minutes it becomes unchecked; I set it, check it by refreshing after saving and walk away... Thanks for confirming that I am not the only one with this particular issue.

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
I set "Mark my position on the map" several times yesterday and it kept un-checking itself after minutes - I guess the last time it finally stuck. I noticed it was still set this morning and I am now showing up on the map. Hope this was due to a SW fix and not just a mystery ;) Thanks!

Reactions: Prerunner1982