Launch Member

Member III

Camp Lejeune, NC
First Name
Joel
Last Name
Wasson
Member #

Wanting to get a small level/lift set up to my 04 PreRunner, this will let me run slightly larger tires and gain some height over stock. I'm wanting to know if changing out the leaf springs and front coil springs should be done when installing the two inch lift components? Trying to save money here and for some reason the leaf springs for the 1st gen tacoma's are pretty pricey. I've done the "bounce tests" and from what I can tell and observe during inspections, everything looks and sounds to be working well.

Looking for some advice from the folks who get out there and have upgraded some older trucks. I know replacing a lot of the components will allow the truck to perform better and all but my mindset right now is more of a no need to replace if it still works as it should. The future lift is going to be Bilstein 5100's for front and rear, new bushings for the upper and lower control arms, and rear shackle lift.

Additionally, if anyone has gone with these components for their lift, or has a 1st gen tacoma and has a minor lift, let me know what you recommend or give any tips if you think I'm missing something.