Repair kit

• HTML tutorial

Jorrie

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Durbanville, South Africa
Member #

Other than tools, is there any spare part you take with when exploring the unknown.

On my last nightmare trip I had a radiator pipe burst, 2 spare wheels wasn't enough and i lost all my trailers wheel-nuts when it came off while driving.

Reactions: KyleGrant

Retinens803

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

South Carolina, USA
First Name
CJC
Last Name
CJC
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4BMJ
I tend to keep a belt and radiator hoses with me, but that truck also has 300k on it. I will probably still carry an extra belt on the new rig jic.

Sounds like you had the perfect storm.

Saints&Sailors

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

In my experience, you'll always bring the wrong extra parts. Perhaps it is different in South Africa but, in the States, you usually aren't more than 100 miles from an auto parts store so I bring enough tools to do most jobs and assume that I can buy the necessary parts when the need arises (although with some headache). If there is a particular part that I've had chronic issues with, that's a different story. Then an extra part is getting thrown in the tailgate.

Reactions: Eric Neal

SubeeBen

Rank V

Advocate I

Alpine, CA
First Name
Ben
Last Name
Jacques
Member #

Other than tools, is there any spare part you take with when exploring the unknown.

On my last nightmare trip I had a radiator pipe burst, 2 spare wheels wasn't enough and i lost all my trailers wheel-nuts when it came off while driving.
As Homer Simpson would say DOHHH ! Cannot give any info on gear as I was blessed to be able to buy a new Jeep Jku. & depending on what type of vehicle you have, how many miles, etc it’s hard to say what you would need.