Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
Out of all my mods the one I am most proud of is my solar set up. I watched this video over and over until I got the nerve to do it myself. If I were to do it over again, I would go with a 200w system and a MPPT solar charger. For now this meets my basic needs.

For some reason I cannot upload my own pictures. I’ll come back and try from my desktop tomorrow.

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
I did a Renogy 200w with MPPT controller set up a couple months ago and posted it on here. It works great and I even added a 2000w inverter just in case I need to run something ac. I have pretty much everything 12vdc for off grid camping.

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
@grubworm - I have a 1000w Pure Sine inverter and 100amp AMG Battery also from Renogy. I am able to post pics today. See attached.

Attachments

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
Nice. That looks pretty good and if you need more power later, you can get a 200w panel that is the same size and just swap it out and keep the same foot print on your mounting. I have just one 100ah battery but looking to get a 200ah AGM battery. How you like the AGM battery vs a lead acid battery?
Thanks! Yes I could def swap out down the line and get a bigger converter. Only had the AGM battery for like 2 months and it’s doing it job. Time will tell but I am def not pushing any limits sitting in my driveway most days lol.