• HTML tutorial

KonzaLander

Rank VI

Traveler II

Junction City, Kansas, USA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0EBF
How many of you have some sort of remote monitor for your fridge's internal temperature? Do you find it necessary or is it another gadget to get in the way?

I am interested in a Bluetooth monitor that would allow me to use my Android based radio to view the data. This would prevent me from needing to add another 'gadget' to the dash.

Last year, @Aaron Niemi built a homemade wireless monitor and app. I love the idea. Here is the DIY Write Up:

There are a few products on the market now that seem to do what Aaron's homemade unit does. I am particularly interested in this very small monitor and app. My only concern would be if it needs to download a data log to display the current temperature.
Amazon Link
Item #: B01MZYPO48
1580835764151.png

What Temperature monitor do you use for your fridge? Is it even necessary?

RoyB

Rank IV

Contributor II

Boston
First Name
Roy
Last Name
Bertalotto
I use this one

AcuRite 00424CA Digital Thermometer with Indoor/Outdoor Temperature
$19.95

To me it is invaluable to be able to monitor what is going on in my refrigerator from the dashboard when I'm driving for hours on end.

Too much valuable food to waste because the cigarette lighter cord came lose or a fuse blew.

oneleglance

Rank V

Contributor II

Phoenix, AZ, USA
First Name
LANCE
Last Name
BLAIR
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE7NKP
I use a SensorPush device and it is bluetooth so the phone picks it up no problem.
The nice thing is I have found it useful to place in a number of spots just to test ideas...
How hot does the air intake get?
How hot does the outside of my fridge get?
How hot does the underdash area get (important for electronics cooling)?

Last summer I was playing around with my National Luna fridge at the end of summer....
105deg ambient air,
fridge body in my black camper 129deg
inside fridge 39 deg.....no wonder my fridge was working hard at 4pm :)

Reactions: KonzaLander