Launch Member

Member III

Jefferson County, Colorado, United States
First Name
Trey
Last Name
Hayes
Member #

Hi folks, I have been an OB member for a few years now but I just relocated from South Carolina to Denver for work. My rig is named the Appalachia Wander Wagon (keeping the name) & it is a 2019 Subaru Outback 3.6R Touring w/ a few upgrades like a lift, bigger/better tires, comms, engine skid, etc.
I’m going to keep the vehicle for a couple years more at minimum & I’m going to do a few things to make it more capable like getting the bumpers cut to improve approach/departure, adding more skids, sliders & eventually an auto-locker in the rear. Until then - can anyone recommend some routes I should try somewhat close to the Denver area? The stupid moving truck still hasn’t arrived w/ most of my camping gear & tools so I’m looking at trying to find some day trips before the weather turns.

Happy to be here, hope to meet some folks & ready to hit the dirt.

Attachments

Neal A. Tew

US Rocky Mountain Local Expert
Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
Welcome!

Please stop by this thread to meet the locals:

Also, check out upcoming events:

Your local member rep is @trail_runn4r.

Reactions: trail_runn4r

JDGreens

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Englewood Co.
Member #

Welcome, from a local. Great group here along the front range. (What Neal said) Several great guys leading the way on trips all over Colorado and beyond.
I'm just a little south of you here in Englewood. I try to get up to the hills as often as possible. Now is a great time to take a weekend trip up 285 to enjoy the fall colors and cooler temperatures.

Until then - can anyone recommend some routes I should try somewhat close to the Denver area? The stupid moving truck still hasn’t arrived w/ most of my camping gear & tools so I’m looking at trying to find some day trips before the weather turns.
I would recommend the 4 mile area. It's definitely Subaru friendly. Wife and I went there last weekend dispersed camped in a spot you could easily access. Watch the sun set from our secluded campsite. Was gorgeous.

The trails there are fun. It's a couple hours away but can be done as a day trip from Denver, I have done that several times.

Last edited:

trail_runn4r

US Rocky Mtn. Local Expert. Colorado: Denver Area

Pathfinder III

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Carlo
Last Name
Donzelli
Member #

Hi folks, I have been an OB member for a few years now but I just relocated from South Carolina to Denver for work. My rig is named the Appalachia Wander Wagon (keeping the name) & it is a 2019 Subaru Outback 3.6R Touring w/ a few upgrades like a lift, bigger/better tires, comms, engine skid, etc.
I’m going to keep the vehicle for a couple years more at minimum & I’m going to do a few things to make it more capable like getting the bumpers cut to improve approach/departure, adding more skids, sliders & eventually an auto-locker in the rear. Until then - can anyone recommend some routes I should try somewhat close to the Denver area? The stupid moving truck still hasn’t arrived w/ most of my camping gear & tools so I’m looking at trying to find some day trips before the weather turns.

Happy to be here, hope to meet some folks & ready to hit the dirt.
Welcome Trey! We might go out this Sunday for a day trip. What’s your skill level and what kind of trails do you run usually?

Reactions: Neal A. Tew