Off-Road Ranger I

Tracy California, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
K
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6PXJ
Well yeah. I guess an entire continent is a region. I supose I was thinking a bit smaller than that. I am sure if you take a peek at the member map you’ll see clusters of high member density. I guess I am thinking of “San Francisco Bay Area” or “Northern California” rather than “Northern Hemisphere”. Sure makes local stuff easier on other forums I read. Especially when you are looking for local help with... well, whatever.

Jedi

Rank VI
Staff member
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Ferndale, WA USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McClory
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6JDI
Would sure make local convo much easier. Just sayin’.
Hi @Dave K! Overland Bound is divided up by Regions to help people in a similar geographical area communicate and coordinate. You are in the U.S. West (HI CA NV) Region and @Narbob is your Regional Director. Your region's forums can be found under the North America section [link]. I hope this helps!

Reactions: Prerunner1982

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Sub-forums for more specific locales would create at least another 75 sub-forums for the US and since this is a World wide site you will have others wanting their own as well.
Just seems a bit much and why stop there? How about subforums for each make of vehicle, and maker of trailer, Expedition trailer, Teardrop, RTT, ground tents, each maker of said equipment..... sub-forums can go on and on... at what point is too much?

Dave K

Rank IV

Off-Road Ranger I

Tracy California, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
K
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6PXJ
Evidently the “too much” limit rides at lumping a state with 40 million residents in with another and a third that you can’t drive to. I’m good with that. In doing some research, as highly suggested I do in earlier posts, it’s fairly evident that the volume and frequency of threads/posts does not necessitate further divisions.

Thanks all.

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, NV, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
Well yeah. I guess an entire continent is a region. I supose I was thinking a bit smaller than that. I am sure if you take a peek at the member map you’ll see clusters of high member density. I guess I am thinking of “San Francisco Bay Area” or “Northern California” rather than “Northern Hemisphere”. Sure makes local stuff easier on other forums I read. Especially when you are looking for local help with... well, whatever.

Dave you should check threads out and you would see that most regions are broken down into areas already, The Southwest Region has Arizona in it and Arizona for example has southern Arizona meet n greets and convos and there is a northern Arizona, I am sure California is the same and most other regions and states. As suggested, do research, what you ask for is already there.....

jim

Scout

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Jamestown,NY
Member #

Evidently the “too much” limit rides at lumping a state with 40 million residents in with another and a third that you can’t drive to. I’m good with that. In doing some research, as highly suggested I do in earlier posts, it’s fairly evident that the volume and frequency of threads/posts does not necessitate further divisions.

Thanks all.

Not to continue with the horse beating but be glad you're not in the East region..lol.. I'm in sw NY..

Status
Not open for further replies.