Refrigerator reccos

• HTML tutorial

Alberto Escobedo

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Miami, FL
Member #

Looking to make a fridge purchase. Feels like I’m down to the ARB or Dometic brand. Any recommendations? Personal experiences? Thanks for the help!

DanW

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Danville, Indiana
Member #

I just got a Snomaster 35 quart fridge and really love it. It has a 7 year warranty on the compressor. I think all of them are very good, though. One really nice feature on the Snomaster is a voltage readout when on DC power, so you can see right there how your battery is doing.

Reactions: Alberto Escobedo

quadabaum

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Georgia USA
Member #

Dometic cfx50w here, love it. Its a game changer. I got mine on an amazon warehouse deal for under $500, just have to keep a constant watch on these things. You can find them used, frequently. I dont think you can go wrong with either brand but dometic was better for us. We like their side open lid and wifi monitoring features. This model also has a usb port for charging gear and the insulation covers are pretty nice. The fridge holds temp very well and we have run it off our stock battery without issue. We just got back from Cape Lookout and it performed flawlessly. 20180901_165838.jpeg20180202_175538.jpeg

DometicOffroad

Rank III

Advocate II

Dometic cfx50w here, love it. Its a game changer. I got mine on an amazon warehouse deal for under $500, just have to keep a constant watch on these things. You can find them used, frequently. I dont think you can go wrong with either brand but dometic was better for us. We like their side open lid and wifi monitoring features. This model also has a usb port for charging gear and the insulation covers are pretty nice. The fridge holds temp very well and we have run it off our stock battery without issue. We just got back from Cape Lookout and it performed flawlessly. View attachment 67532View attachment 67533
We're glad you like it! Looks like it has been put to good use.

Lilkuff

Rank 0

Contributor I

I have the Dometic CFX35 and it's been great so far. For me it came down to the dimensions and which one fit where I needed it to

Go2AllThePlaces

Rank III
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Las Vegas
First Name
Christian
Last Name
Umlauf
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7BBB
I have the CFX95 for me and the family and we love it! Its in the bed of our 2010 tacoma. Now if I could only afford the slide for it !!

quadabaum

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Georgia USA
Member #

I have the Dometic CFX35 and it's been great so far. For me it came down to the dimensions and which one fit where I needed it to
I would echo this, its important to look at the dimensions when looking at fridges. Think about where and how you will mount it and etc. I was looking at snomaster, dometic, and arb when I was researching mine. Ended up deciding on dometic due to dimensions and side open lid, along with a few other features.

Robert Fullen

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Kerrville, Tx
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Fullen
Member #

Service Branch
None
I have an Igloo Kool mate 40 and if you put a few freezer packs in it it works great for a short trip but I am looking at the Dometic 50 for some longer trips!

Willp_07

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Bay Area, Ca
First Name
Will
Last Name
P
Member #

I started with an ARB 63qt that does dual duty in back of my Tacoma and in my CJ7. Moved to a Dometic cfx75dzw for dual zone and you can shut off compartments when not in use. So far it's worked very well. I needed the larger capacity for my family of 4 now. The Dometic draws less power than the ARB did, the remote monitoring is a nice feature, and I like the reversible lids.

Reactions: DanW