Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Bella Vista, AR, USA
First Name
Jerry
Last Name
James
Member #

I have to be honest. My heart has not been into this Jeep recap. I will post some pics, but will not be as in depth as I am in most reports. Sorry about that.

As many of you know, my Colorado trips are always a highlight to the year. One of the reasons for that is I get to see my lifelong best friend, who lives in Evergreen Colorado with his amazing wife. Unfortunately, this will not be happening going forward. The day before I headed to Colorado his wife called me and told me that my best friend of over 30 years passed away the night prior. I will never be the same, My heart will never be the same. I miss you Pete and will forever remember our fun times, our epic conversations and that warm heart. I miss you so much. RIP brother, I love you.

I did get to spend some time in the mountains of Colorado, enjoying some jeeping and camping. I was by myself and that is probably a good thing, as I would not have been very good company. It did allow me to reflect and to be thankful for my family and friends. I camped in Crested Butte, Ouray and Gunnison. I got to do some great sight seeing and I truly enjoyed the cool evenings and waking up outside. Here are a few pics.

Colorado never disappoints with all of its grandness. The weather was amazing and I only got rained on a few times. I got to take my time and just enjoy the slow pace of not having a timeline. There were many moments where I just took out my hammock, and stayed for a few hours, just hanging out with mother nature and remembering my friend. I headed back to Red River NM for Jamie's family reunion. I would only get to stay a few days, but it was so much fun. Here are more pics.

The best day of the vacation, was getting to spend some time will all of the kids in Denver on Sunday evening. We had so many laughs, so many fun memories. It was a great day.

You can see all of the pictures here. Until next time everyone. Remember to tell your loved ones how much they mean to you. Make sure your true friends know and understand how much they mean to you.. Life is short. Be safe everyone