Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
While at Overland Expo East I told myself I was going to buy an ALPS generator to back up the solar charging for my 138AH Lithium battery I use to power my fridge, a few lights and charge my phone if I need to. Well ALPS wasn't at the Expo. The weather at the Expo remained cloudy the whole time so I wasn't getting a high output from my 100W solar panel and my lithium battery started to drain after being on the road for 5 days. That is when I listened to a presentation from Overland Power Solutions on why they picked REDARC's DC to DC charges as a featured product to sell.

Well to make a long story short they gave me a pretty good deal on the REDARC BCDC1240D DC to DC Battery Charger and after installing it on my truck I'll never have a low battery again. When I got the charger installed on my truck my lithium battery was down to 11.1V and my fridge wasn't running due to the low voltage. Within 15 minutes of starting the truck the REDARC charger had my battery up to 11.8V and the fridge was running again. I left the truck running and less than 30 minutes later the battery was up tto 13.1V and I was able to shut off the truck. This is a game changer, if I had this before this trip my battery would have never got low on me. The REDAR charger balances the charging between the solar panel and the vehicle through the REDARC charger and does a fantastic job of keeping the battery charged. It does a much better job a lot faster than my old battery isolator did.

phxdsrtrat

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Glendale, AZ
First Name
Curtiss
Last Name
S
Member #

I have the BCDC 1225D installed in my teardrop trailer to handle charging from the vehicle and a folding solar panel. It has been solid. I do have a small Ryobi propane generator (the Alps wasn't out when I bought it). Its a good alternative to starting and running the vehicle and can charge my 100AH LiFePO4 battery very quickly through the on board Progressive Dynamics PD4045 power center.

-Curtiss