Plain City, Utah
First Name
Kory
Last Name
Tams
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7UFV
Our yearly trip to Moab concluded over Easter Weekend this year, and I've come to a happy realization about my vehicle. The 2000 Jeep XJ I've owned for a little over a year now, is a very, very good all-around rig. Not only do I drive it darn-near every day to work, but it has proven itself a solid offroad machine and adventure vessel! We drove the 270 miles there, wheeled for 2 days on Gold Bar Rim (minus the ledge obstacle) and Fins and Things, saw the sights of Arches, cruised main street, and returned home 270 miles, all without a hitch.

I never touched a tool.

Mind you, I put in the time and effort to make it trip-worthy beforehand. But to know that I've got a solid platform that performs when maintained is a good feeling.

It's the perfect rig for me right now!

Here are some pics of the trip.

Attachments

Homeguy

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

Calgary, AB
XJ’s are great Jeeps and very capable. I’ve had a few of them over the years.
Nice pics. I love Moab too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: Vantams

Vantams

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Plain City, Utah
First Name
Kory
Last Name
Tams
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7UFV
Thanks. Hoping to get out to Moab sometime near end of year and think I’ll now add that trail to my list.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk
It's a great run! There's plenty of YouTube videos of the various obstacles you'll encounter... rr4w.com also has the .kml file for the downloadable maps of routes.

Check it out!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Vantams

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Plain City, Utah
First Name
Kory
Last Name
Tams
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7UFV
Maybe I'm not understanding how you are numbering the pictures, but the fourth picture in the "tunnel" is definitely Long Canyon.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using OB Talk mobile app
Ahhh yes you're right! 1 and 2 are GBR, 4 is the trail up Long Canyon. Sorry about the mixup! [emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk