Launch Member

World Traveler I

Boise, ID, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Etkin
Member #

I’ve visited this area several times during the summer months. As always, I have found the views, people, and off-road opportunities to be absolutely wonderful. I really enjoy this easy run up to a scenic mountain lake, where you can camp, fish, hike, or just sit and enjoy the views. Nothing technical at all, but don’t miss this little gem.20190719_133717.jpg20180801_205506-COLLAGE.jpg

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
I've been to Red River and Eagle's Nest numerous times and love that area. I've never been to Cabresto Lake, looks great. Is it primitive camping? Can you just go and set up anywhere or are there spots and reservations? Looks like a nice place to kayak around.

ScottEtkin

Rank VI
Launch Member

World Traveler I

Boise, ID, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Etkin
Member #

I've been to Red River and Eagle's Nest numerous times and love that area. I've never been to Cabresto Lake, looks great. Is it primitive camping? Can you just go and set up anywhere or are there spots and reservations? Looks like a nice place to kayak around.
There is scattered open camping (first come) but there is a pit toilet near the parking area of the lake. There have been plenty of spots when I have been there during July.

Reactions: grubworm

Laud

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Southeast Arlington TX
First Name
Laud
Last Name
Maroney
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
-KG5QHC-
Service Branch
Air Force and Army
Next time in the area, hang a right and check the view from Greenie Peak if you haven’t already.

Reactions: grubworm

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
There is scattered open camping (first come) but there is a pit toilet near the parking area of the lake. There have been plenty of spots when I have been there during July.
Nice. Thanks!

KCCO_Texas

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Borger, TX, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Holsey
Member #

We are heading to Red River on Sunday the 28th. We will have to check this out. It is our first time there. We are coming in from outside Amarillo.