Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Pascagoula, MS
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Conner
Member #

Anyone happen to be running the Red Clay Rally in east TN in June? I'm on team #29. We are a 2 Jeep team.

2005 Jeep Wrangler
2005 GMC Sierra
2014 Jeep Wrangler

OB member #4392

Reactions: Bradb55

AdventureWithDanan

Local Expert, Florida USA
Investor

Pathfinder II

Safety Harbor, FL, USA
First Name
Danan
Last Name
Coleman
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W3AWD
Service Branch
CERT
No... But it sounds amazing! Can you post some details so that if any of our Southeast members want to attend they know where to go and where to get more information?

Reactions: southernfire97

southernfire97

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Pascagoula, MS
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Conner
Member #

No... But it sounds amazing! Can you post some details so that if any of our Southeast members want to attend they know where to go and where to get more information?
The registration is closed on it, but I will be glad to post the info on it, in the event they would like to come out to the finish line and after party. This is the first of supposedly an annual rally.

2005 Jeep Wrangler
2005 GMC Sierra
2014 Jeep Wrangler

OB member #4392

southernfire97

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Pascagoula, MS
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Conner
Member #

http://overlandtennessee.wixsite.com/redclayrally

This is the link to the page. I will have to go back through my emails and see exactly where the start/finish is. I'm pretty sure there is a thread on Tacoma World about the rally. (I'm not a member there, so I'm not positive). If anyone has any questions, feel free to contact me.

2005 Jeep Wrangler
2005 GMC Sierra
2014 Jeep Wrangler

OB member #4392

southernfire97

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Pascagoula, MS
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Conner
Member #

Is this more of a Off Road race? multiple teams and checkpoints for points?
Yes. It's an off-road Rally type race, but it's not a high speed type Rally. It's called a points rally. The appeal of it to me is that it's 90% off-road/dirt roads and you camp each night. You can earn bonus points if you decide to take the challenge routes. Kind of overland/Rally type deal. Overland Tennessee is who is putting it on.

2005 Jeep Wrangler
2005 GMC Sierra
2014 Jeep Wrangler

OB#4392

southernfire97

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Pascagoula, MS
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Conner
Member #

The finish line/party will be at Left Nut Brewery in Gainesville, GA. On June 4th. I'm not sure what time exactly, but I would imagine after lunch sometime. Just depends on how quickly we can limp across the finish line. Total race miles is said to be 642 miles over a 3 day run. The rally begins in Bristol, TN.

2005 Jeep Wrangler
2005 GMC Sierra
2014 Jeep Wrangler

OB#4392

John van Kints

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Canton, GA
Member #

We'll be there with two Jeeps (JK and a JKU) and a 100 series Land Cruiser pictured below. See you there!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Bradb55