Prescott, AZ
First Name
Brad
Last Name
Parsons
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7VSS
For a suggestion, we could meet in Parker Arizona, It is like 3.5 hours from Flagstaff to give you an idea of distance. There are several trails on both sides of the river, I am sure there is camping both dispersed and pay (I would check it out), the temps are 68 day and 40 night.....If we do a 2 day, 1 night, we can arrive, set up, trail ride, camp (or leave if not staying), wake and ride trails and head home (or stay if you desired more trails.....We can do moderate/easier trails...

Just an idea, LMK and I will put it together.

Main thing is being free the 19th (and 20th if camping).

Jim
We are free the 19th and 20th. My idea of warm 60s daytime 40s at night though 70s and 50s would be great.

Reactions: Jim SoG

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, Nevada, United States
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
Getting close for 12 so it would be the 19th and if doing that need to hear from the others......... or we delay till Feb.

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
For those who are interested in GMRS, Here is a code good for 25% off almost everything on the Midland web site, code good till Dec 2019.

Jim

Reactions: AZPAJERO

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
Ok holidays over, stupid superbowl is over, we are into February already, Looking ofr suggestions for a February meet up.....I will send an email to all that gave me theirs.

Jim

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
Ok no email, seems all the email addy's was on my other drive and is now gone.......I got the emails of those who attended the initial meet so I will compile from them but for now I did not send an email.

Jim

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
Jim, I am located just south of Flagstaff and interested in meetings and trips in this area.
Glad to have ya.... Well it seems the north is a bit...Umm laid back...But it has been cold so maybe March/April we can get a meeting/camp out going.

I did not say we was lazy!

LOL

Jim

darjo242

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Show Low, AZ
First Name
Darryl
Last Name
Johnson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7HLL
Show Low, AZ here. Would be interested in attending. Would just need some advanced notice so as to coordinate days off with work to allow for traveling and what-not.

Lead Dog

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lake Havasu City, Arizona, USA
First Name
Randy
Last Name
Clary
Member #

Staying tuned if schedule allows! Looks like I'll be back to Back with Overland Bound at Overland West this year in the booth! Looking forward to meeting more Local People! LD

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
Show Low, AZ here. Would be interested in attending. Would just need some advanced notice so as to coordinate days off with work to allow for traveling and what-not.

Send me your email and glad to have ya!

Jim

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
The latest, sent via email, if you didn't get it, LMK.....

Greetings fellow Overlanders!

Seems we are at the end of our cold snap (winter) for the most part but as all of you know, in Arizona just when you think you got the weather figured out, BAM! change.....

So I do not see an elaborate meet up (or any at all?) for March as we are down to 2 weekends left (22/23, 29/30)....But we could meet for a coffee and rig checking if there is willingness.

For the next few months here are a few ideas off the top of my head and if anyone has first hand knowledge of these. please tell us. Here is a rough plan:

April 27/28 overnight camp meet up Need location

May 11/12 or 25/26
I was thinking an exploratory & camp meeting, explore the Eastern Mojave Preserve, where we would explore and camp in the Lanfair valley area of the preserve.

July TBD Mogollon rim camping.

For June and Aug onward I figure to do other locations, maybe Williams, Flag, Prescott areas as well as Phoenix area if interested. There are nice trails and locations around Havasu as well.

I would like some feedback on trips and locations (swap trips for another date?), nothing is set in stone yet, once I do a rally point we are set. I also need feedback on dates. and lastly feedback on anyone willing to teach/share at any of the proposed meet ups, does not need to be a professional level course, make it informative, and basic.....

Looking forward to hearing from you all, time keeps slipping away from us so I would like to nail it down.....

Last edited:

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
Few changes to the email, April date confirmed due to EJS on the other weekend. Also the destination will be diff than Pearce Ferry Campground, I went to check it out and while it has got the views, the ground is all river rock and not for tents at all.......WIll figure new location and email/post it ASAP. IF you have a suggestion PLEASE let us know......Thinking up in the Hualapai Mountains near Kingman, there is a camp named wild cow springs that is shady and there is water and vault toilets, (Wild Cow Springs Campground), I will call and get the group info/price. BUT lets hear ideas.....

Last edited:

DallasTRDPro

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Dallas
I will be in Flagstaff area in May. I’m planning on checking out Expo West for a day or two. I would love to join the group even though I’m from Dallas if possible.

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
I will be in Flagstaff area in May. I’m planning on checking out Expo West for a day or two. I would love to join the group even though I’m from Dallas if possible.
Everyone is welcome to all events, we would be glad to have ya!

I am supposed to work the Expo so maybe see ya there as well.....

Jim