Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Thanks to everyone who braved the sunshine and made it out today.

Next month's meeting coincides with the 2021 Texas Avid Outdoors Fall Expo. So, if you are going to it, have a great time. I won't be, so I will be at the monthly meet if anyone still wants to stop by and hang out.

DeltaBravo

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Sun City, TX
First Name
Dennis
Last Name
B
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
AG1N
Great to get outdoors and chat with some other folks!!! Been a while for me what with all the COVID crap going on. Everyone take care and see ya down the road!.:smileycat:

dna44

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Austin TX
First Name
Nick
Last Name
DiPasquale
Member #

How many of you from the local OB crew are heading to the expo in October?

dna44

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Austin TX
First Name
Nick
Last Name
DiPasquale
Member #

WTH, preregistration is no longer available. It's a month out.
Really? I wonder if they sold out of the preregistration sales. Just show up and act like you own the place!

Kozysnack

Rank VII
Investor

Expedition Master I

Austin, Travis County, Texas, United States
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Ely
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRNX949 is my GMRS, haven't taken my test yet but working on the HAM
Service Branch
USAF BRAT
Thanks to everyone who braved the sunshine and made it out today.

Next month's meeting coincides with the 2021 Texas Avid Outdoors Fall Expo. So, if you are going to it, have a great time. I won't be, so I will be at the monthly meet if anyone still wants to stop by and hang out.
I'm planning on going to the monthly meet

Reactions: roots66

Kozysnack

Rank VII
Investor

Expedition Master I

First Name
Vance
Last Name
Ely
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Service Branch
USAF BRAT
@TahoePPV and I will be at Oxford Ranch on Friday morning around 8am to register and find a good campsite for the weekend. All are welcome if anyone wants to join us
. We went out last week to look around and see the place. Nice people. Keep an eye out for a very friendly fat black dog that likes to chance trucks! He is all bark from what I could tell.

Attachments

Last edited:

Kozysnack

Rank VII
Investor

Expedition Master I

First Name
Vance
Last Name
Ely
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Service Branch
USAF BRAT
The ranch dog. Pretty friendly.
Good to know. He's so big I knew he couldn't fit under my truck! It was like he was mad that we left without giving him a doggie treat. I'll try to remember to pack some for our next trip out.
We must have been the only over nighters last weekend at 107 in the shade it was blutal, cooled off aroun 11pm. The full moon was like the sun didn't set. The coyotes were out hunting and made a kill around 2AM close to camp and partied hard for a few minutes and then settled down. It is so green out this year with the mild summer. Lots of road kill so you all be careful driving in and out on Hwy 16. I hope you all have some wonderful weather

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
Good to know. He's so big I knew he couldn't fit under my truck! It was like he was mad that we left without giving him a doggie treat. I'll try to remember to pack some for our next trip out.
We must have been the only over nighters last weekend at 107 in the shade it was blutal, cooled off aroun 11pm. The full moon was like the sun didn't set. The coyotes were out hunting and made a kill around 2AM close to camp and partied hard for a few minutes and then settled down. It is so green out this year with the mild summer. Lots of road kill so you all be careful driving in and out on Hwy 16. I hope you all have some wonderful weather
I drove home from this event after dark in 2019. I quit counting at 200 deer near or in the road.

Kozysnack

Rank VII
Investor

Expedition Master I

First Name
Vance
Last Name
Ely
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Service Branch
USAF BRAT
Everyone please welcome a good friend of mine @TheWanderer
He resides in NC but will be making a trip to Big Bend with me this winter.
Howdy @TheWanderer , I hope you enjoy your time in Texas. As you all play in the biggest NP in Texas remeber that the creosote bush is not tire friendly. Y'all have fun!
Fix a flat, flat repair kits, air pump we had two flats in a matter of minutes on the west part of the river road and had to crawl out. I love that park and have put blood sweat and tears on many of the roads.

Attachments

Last edited:

Kozysnack

Rank VII
Investor

Expedition Master I

First Name
Vance
Last Name
Ely
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Service Branch
USAF BRAT
Howdy @TheWanderer , I hope you enjoy your time in Texas. was you all play in the biggest NP in Texas remeber that the creosote bush is not tire friendly. Y'all have fun!
Fix a flat, flat repair kits, air pump we had two flats in a matter of minutes on the west part of the river road and had to crawl out. I love that park and have put blood sweat and tears on many of the roads.
also this is a good little book to pick-up at the book store

Attachments

TheWanderer

Rank II

Contributor III

North Carolina, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Green
Member #

Howdy @TheWanderer , I hope you enjoy your time in Texas. was you all play in the biggest NP in Texas remeber that the creosote bush is not tire friendly. Y'all have fun!
also this is a good little book to pick-up at the book store
I will definitely come prepared. I'm still a rookie but Adventures with Penny got me inspired over the last few years and when we met up in NC to camp for a night it finally motivated me to start getting back out there after a decade or two. Appreciate the advice