Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
any word on the next meet up date and spot? looking to make some connections in the area
Always on the 1st Sat if the month at OSP. Outside of the T-Day trip, I'm not sure of any ad-hoc get togethers before then.

Reactions: genera_lee

txbison

Rank II

Contributor III

Austin, TX, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Neiford
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5KTY
I know trasharoos get a bit of flak here but in all seriousness what do y’all use to manage trash? A 5 gallon bucket? How do you keep the vermin out of your trash overnight?

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
The rap is only because they seem to imply you're not a "real" overlander unless...

Most of us use a simple trash bag of some sort, then keep it secured inside the rig at night to stop the critters.

Reactions: roots66

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
The rap is only because they seem to imply you're not a "real" overlander unless...

Most of us use a simple trash bag of some sort, then keep it secured inside the rig at night to stop the critters.
Yeppers. Heavy duty Hefty bags work just fine. Some are even designed with an odor shield to prevent smells from leaving the bag. If you really want, you can even get ones with rodent repellent. Even if it's a short drive away, I usually end up someplace where I can dispose of everything at the end of the day.

Reactions: txbison

dna44

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Austin TX
First Name
Nick
Last Name
DiPasquale
Member #

I've got a Trasharoo because I'm a real "overlander". It comes in handy when farting around camp and provides an easy place to throw spent beer cans. I usually use a Hefty bag or a black contractor bag inside of it and have never had an issue with critters getting in to the bag at night. Honestly it's nice to have the trash in a contraption on the exterior of the vehicle to avoid any smells from paper plates from dinner/lunch and empty beer cans. It's a cheap enough solution that solves a couple problems when interior space is a premium in my case. *shrug*

(hopefully the sarcasm came through via text about the "real overlander" bit)

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF