Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Very nice to meet everyone who made it out today. Looking forward to the next meet. On a side note, we are thinking about doing a Central Texas group run to either Hidden Falls or the Hill Country Route....or both. If there is enough interest, we can make it part of the next meeting on Aug 3rd. Let us know your thoughts.

Tray

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

San Antonio, TX, USA
First Name
Tray
Last Name
Cooper
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WB5TRA
Was hoping to make it yesterday, but had to make a decision between the meet and greet or ham test, and I’ve been studying for the ham test for about 3 weeks and needed to get it done. I’m definitely interested in the hill country route and possibly hidden falls. Please keep us posted so I can plan accordingly.

Reactions: roots66

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Good to meet you all. Y'all have some nice rigs. Also, I found some discussion on the fall expo that is out in Llano. Texas avid outdoors expo 2019
It is a good time if anyone wants to plan a meetup. All the nice spots were taken by Friday morning. Best get there Thursday.
Llano is close, so I will certainly try and make it.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Was hoping to make it yesterday, but had to make a decision between the meet and greet or ham test, and I’ve been studying for the ham test for about 3 weeks and needed to get it done. I’m definitely interested in the hill country route and possibly hidden falls. Please keep us posted so I can plan accordingly.
It's all good.
Depending on when we go to Colorado this year, Aug 3rd might be a go for the Hill Country for me.

Reactions: Tray

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
I’ve been wanting to do that one for a while.
Since it's close and not a super long route, I'm always up for a weekend trip. Need to break in all the new gear anyway.

Reactions: Tray

ScottEtkin

Rank VI
Launch Member

World Traveler I

Boise, ID, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Etkin
Member #

Very nice to meet everyone who made it out today. Looking forward to the next meet. On a side note, we are thinking about doing a Central Texas group run to either Hidden Falls or the Hill Country Route....or both. If there is enough interest, we can make it part of the next meeting on Aug 3rd. Let us know your thoughts.
Would love to go! Great meeting everyone yesterday!20190706_102156.jpg

Reactions: Tray and roots66

DeltaBravo

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Sun City, TX
First Name
Dennis
Last Name
B
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
AG1N
If the group decides to do the Hill Country tour, is the plan for an overnight, or just a one-day trip? I'm up for either, and like Roots66 said I've also got a lot of new stuff to test out, so an overnighter would give me a shake down cruise, so to speak.

Reactions: roots66 and Tray

Laud

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Southeast Arlington TX
First Name
Laud
Last Name
Maroney
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
-KG5QHC-
Service Branch
Air Force and Army
Something to discuss at the next gathering....
It’s a great event!

Reactions: roots66