Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Ohio
First Name
Samuel
Last Name
August
Member #

I personally have only ever needed 2 boards, if you need more. I say you are a point of using a winch. I just carry 2 on my hood and pop them off quick if need be.

4wd-16.jpg

Dilldog

Rank V
Launch Member
Investor

Influencer I

Spokane, WA.
First Name
Dillon
Last Name
Wilke
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LVO/ WRQL275
Service Branch
USAF
I'll be getting some of these in the next couple months. I've decided to go with the Smittybilt ones. Half the price of Maxtrax. I've watched some YouTube videos that compare the two and Smittybilt performs just as well. They only come in a sagey green but I like that color.
I have the Smitybuilt traction boards and Im happy with them. I also dig the bag as all of my off road gear rides in the back of my Escape, so keeping mud and grime off of the interior is nice.

Reactions: RainGoat

Boostpowered

Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

If you have a true locker and not limited slip id get a set of 2 if you have an open diff you really only need 1 for the tire thats slipping , if you have lockers on front and rear get 4. Personally id save the money and get a good set of mud tires but thats just me i guess. I have 2 steel ladder boards but they never get used much less carried anymore i keep em around since folks get stuck on my road frequently and my wife has the truck.
20191106_071825.jpg