Enthusiast III

KY
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Kil
Service Branch
US Air Force
I tried to order and support a US company, Actiontrax but speaking to a dealer of theirs, Offroad Power Products, they haven’t been able to contact them in months. Since they need to stack, I’d worry about replacement stock later so I’m not confident enough to order although I found odd colors.

Edit: I just went ahead and ordered the regular Maxtrax’s.

Last edited:
Reactions: TN_4Runner

Tundracamper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Tuscaloosa, Alabama, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Shepard
Member #

Join the club. I was interest in what kind of “mounting” solution worked with the ActionTrax and was told they would have something out in about a month. Four months later, when I was looking to purchase, the ActionTrax were out of stock at the few places I looked, including their web site. So, I now have a set of four MaxTrax and their mounting pins. You can’t support US when the product isn’t available. The MT are quite stout! Happy with my purchase.

DadJokes

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

KY
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Kil
Service Branch
US Air Force
Join the club. I was interest in what kind of “mounting” solution worked with the ActionTrax and was told they would have something out in about a month. Four months later, when I was looking to purchase, the ActionTrax were out of stock at the few places I looked, including their web site. So, I now have a set of four MaxTrax and their mounting pins. You can’t support US when the product isn’t available. The MT are quite stout! Happy with my purchase.
Yeah, I was bummed because I’ve been doing well so far sourcing US made products. Australia is a good and worthy second though to receive my money.

DadJokes

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

KY
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Kil
Service Branch
US Air Force
Wierd, I talked to him about 6 weeks ago.
They’re out of Kansas right? I know the COVID thing probably disrupted things but I tried to message them and then called a dealer of theirs mentioned above. I really wanted to give my money to them, a US business.

Rich_the4x4podcast

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Lawrence KS
First Name
Rich
Last Name
Young
Member #

They’re out of Kansas right? I know the COVID thing probably disrupted things but I tried to message them and then called a dealer of theirs mentioned above. I really wanted to give my money to them, a US business.
They are. I know their manufacturing was really impacted but he was starting to get everything back up and running.

Reactions: DadJokes

TN_4Runner

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Southside, TN, USA
First Name
Bud
Last Name
Bud
Member #

I have some maxtrax and they are alright. I had one crack on me and maxtrax replaced it but wouldn’t replace the other (since they came in pairs I figured the other would have the same issue) but haven’t used them since. Curious to see what other boards offer. Maxtrax has a good warranty though. Can’t complain too much.

bawesomfels

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Phoenix, AZ
First Name
Ben
Last Name
Ockenfels
Member #

Service Branch
Army
I have some X-Bull traction boards. They are definitely not a low-profile when stacked but its not terrible. First time I used them I exploded one, but I blame that largely on the sub-freezing temps I was in making the plastic brittle. X-Bull replaced them no questions asked so I really have no complaints. If you're on a budget they'll do the job.

Reactions: RoarinRow

TK-421

Rank III

Enthusiast II

East Aurora, NY, USA
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Wenner
Member #

Hi all, I just ordered some X-Bull tracks. After reading reviews, most of them are great reviews, but I've noticed several comments that they cracked, but every time seemed to be in very cold temps when stuck in snow.

I found these at Walmart and might be a good alternative to use when stuck in snow...why crack your recovery boards. (save them for the mud and leveling your ride) Goodyear Emergency Traction Mats. These were only $18. They come with a strap and they fold up pretty small so they wont take up too much room. They are made of rubber and are flexible.

Attachments