12express

Rank III

Enthusiast III

American Samoa
First Name
Corn
Last Name
Pop
I throw my gear in a duffel bag.. when you're stuck and need the gear, what difference does the bag you store it in make? LOL

BlueRidge150

Rank I

Contributor III

Greer, SC
I throw my gear in a duffel bag.. when you're stuck and need the gear, what difference does the bag you store it in make? LOL
Do you have a table top review of this duffel bag? Where can I read reviews? Does it have YKK zippers? What denier fabric is it? Does have super duper coating on it? Is it UPF 100? Is it quadruple stitched? Does it smell of lilacs? .... kidding.
I’m right there with ya. Mines in a duffle bag that I have zero idea where I even got it from, and have been using for many years.

Reactions: slomatt

12express

Rank III

Enthusiast III

American Samoa
First Name
Corn
Last Name
Pop
Do you have a table top review of this duffel bag? Where can I read reviews? Does it have YKK zippers? What denier fabric is it? Does have super duper coating on it? Is it UPF 100? Is it quadruple stitched? Does it smell of lilacs? .... kidding.
I’m right there with ya. Mines in a duffle bag that I have zero idea where I even got it from, and have been using for many years.
Haha.. I think I got mine on amazon years ago for less than $20.. in hindsight, I could of gone to the thrift store or goodwill and paid more like $2. Reminds me of a line from My Cousin Vinny... "Imagine you're a deer. You're prancing along. You get thirsty. You spot a little brook. You put your little deer lips down to the clear blue water... BAM! A ****IN' BULLET RIPS OFF PART OF YOUR HEAD! YOUR BRAINS ARE LAYIN' ON THE GROUND IN LITTLE BLOODY PIECES. Now, I ax ya. Would you give a **** what kind of pants the son of a b**** who shot you was wearing? "

I understand in some situations a high quality bag is necessary, but at the end of the day it's a bag and only a bag. If you were constantly in and out of this bag several times per day, I can see spending good money for it. I keep some recovery gear (lesser used recovery gear) in Makita brand bags that came with some of my power tools. Plenty sturdy for that gear too.

Warn sells a "back pack" recovery bag for $86.99 on amazon as of the time i'm writing this.. Recovery gear backpack? Haha.. get real.

Reactions: justjames

PCO6

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Newmarket, Ontario
First Name
Stew
Last Name
Beatty
Member #

Don't under estimate the usefulness of a good heavy duty back pack. I got this one from Lincoln Electric as a promotional item along with a helmet I bought. It came with a few other things … beany, gloves, hat, etc. I don't use it for recovery gear but it is very useful for tools at the auto junk yards I go to. It frees up my hands so I can carry out more stuff!

Lincoln Electric Backpack.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Desert Runner

justjames

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Member #

Haha.. I think I got mine on amazon years ago for less than $20.. in hindsight, I could of gone to the thrift store or goodwill and paid more like $2. Reminds me of a line from My Cousin Vinny... "Imagine you're a deer. You're prancing along. You get thirsty. You spot a little brook. You put your little deer lips down to the clear blue water... BAM! A ****IN' BULLET RIPS OFF PART OF YOUR HEAD! YOUR BRAINS ARE LAYIN' ON THE GROUND IN LITTLE BLOODY PIECES. Now, I ax ya. Would you give a **** what kind of pants the son of a b**** who shot you was wearing? "

I understand in some situations a high quality bag is necessary, but at the end of the day it's a bag and only a bag. If you were constantly in and out of this bag several times per day, I can see spending good money for it. I keep some recovery gear (lesser used recovery gear) in Makita brand bags that came with some of my power tools. Plenty sturdy for that gear too.

Warn sells a "back pack" recovery bag for $86.99 on amazon as of the time i'm writing this.. Recovery gear backpack? Haha.. get real.
But how will it look on da "gram"?

Reactions: 12express

slomatt

Rank V

Influencer I

Bay Area, CA
But how do you hash tag that on the gram to get potential sponsors to notice? #idontknowwhereigotitbutitworks?

Reactions: 12express

Turnerxc

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Midlothian, VA, USA
First Name
Brad
Last Name
Turner
Member #

I went with the Blue Ridge Overland Gear Recovery Backpack. Great guys and great gear. Easier to lug a backpack around when you are setting up a recovery. Especially since a recovery never happens on smooth, flat and dry ground. ‍♂