Rank II

Enthusiast I

Texas Gulf Coast
First Name
Randy
Last Name
Garmon
Member #

Taking our first trip from the Texas Gulf to the upper New Mexico area in two weeks to do truck camping in one of the National Forest or BLM areas for a week. Heck even southern Colorado. We have a good 4 wheel drive pickup but not looking to get too hard core. Any recommendations?

roaming4adventure

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Texas Gulf Coast
First Name
Randy
Last Name
Garmon
Member #

Thanks for the recommendations I will definitely check into those areas. We are so looking forward to seeing some of that country. Hoping to see some snow and cool weather too as we only get maybe a week a year here. Thanks!

roaming4adventure

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Texas Gulf Coast
First Name
Randy
Last Name
Garmon
Member #

South of Chama there are numerous forest roads to explore off of HW84. Google “Trout Lakes” for a cool little fishing spot. But like 505 Overland said, snow might be an issue with any northern NM high elevation forest road. Have fun!
Thanks Richie G, Will definitly
South of Chama there are numerous forest roads to explore off of HW84. Google “Trout Lakes” for a cool little fishing spot. But like 505 Overland said, snow might be an issue with any northern NM high elevation forest road. Have fun!
Thanks Richie G, will definitly check it out. Looking forward to what ever we find, can't wait.

Reactions: Richie G