Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Memphis, TN
First Name
Chekib
Last Name
Kchouk
Would like to get some recommendations on 37inch tires for a Jeep Gladiator overland build. What are currently the best tires that perform great on the road and on the trails. Also any thoughts on OEM 2 inch performance lift vs any other lifts?

Thank you!

Boostpowered

Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Your gonna get alot of different answers on this everyone has their favorite but that dont mean they will work for you. I run milestar patagonia m/t 33" on my truck, i went through quite a few brands of a/t tires before i found they wouldnt work for me. Milestar dont have 37" unless you have 20" or larger wheels though.
They work great in everything offroad and have really good manners on the street for m/t's and they are priced just right.

Mike harpe

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Georgia
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Harpe
Member #

Your gonna get alot of different answers on this everyone has their favorite but that dont mean they will work for you. I run milestar patagonia m/t 33" on my truck, i went through quite a few brands of a/t tires before i found they wouldnt work for me. Milestar dont have 37" unless you have 20" or larger wheels though.
They work great in everything offroad and have really good manners on the street for m/t's and they are priced just right.

I'm running the milestar 37x12.5x20 hahah I was just going to reccomend them. Here are some reviews that sold me.

View attachment 124302

Boostpowered

Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

I'm running the milestar 37x12.5x20 hahah I was just going to reccomend them. Here are some reviews that sold me.

View attachment 124302
Im glad im not the only one with em anymore. Was feeling like an outsider. I asked my wife the other day who is usually driving the colorado to work around 50mi each way, do you want to switch to one of the namebrands when these wear out she quickly said nope.

Reactions: Mike harpe

Mike harpe

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Georgia
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Harpe
Member #

Im glad im not the only one with em anymore. Was feeling like an outsider. I asked my wife the other day who is usually driving the colorado to work around 50mi each way, do you want to switch to one of the namebrands when these wear out she quickly said nope.
Sadly they are hard to get as discount tire cant keep em in stock lol. May have to order them a couple months in advance before you need them.

Where in colorado? I miss Colorado sooo much. Cant wait to get back west. I hate georgia weather.

Mike harpe

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Georgia
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Harpe
Member #

Only in large towns filled with people from outta state moving in for jobs, you outta see how they drive when it rains.
I'm sure it's the same as Colorado when it lightly snows and people slide everywhere lol

RedClay

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Townsend, Georgia, United States
First Name
Clay
Last Name
Mahaffey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRWH971
I just ordered a set of General X3 Grabber 37 12.5R17. They get great reviews for being a pretty darn road-friendly MT tire that has great off-road ability. I'll try to remember to post a review once they get on. If I knew how to YouTube I thought about doing a before / after between my Falken 33 AT tires and these 37" Grabber MTs. Maybe I can figure it out by next week and give it a go.

Alpha Out Front

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Arizona, USA
First Name
Raymond
Last Name
Armenta
I ran MTs on Jeep for over ten years. Now I run BFG k02 tires on both my rigs. As far as lifts go the OEM lift it gives you the same ride feel as stock, EVO manufacturing is the king in the Jeep space and EVO is made is the USA.

Are you going to gear the Jeep?

RedClay

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Townsend, Georgia, United States
First Name
Clay
Last Name
Mahaffey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRWH971
I was talking to the guy at The Jeep Hut, he said as much as he'd like to sell me a regear, he recommended that I try it with the Rubi gearing (4.10) to see if I like it. He said he has done many dozens of 37" Wranglers, and the owners of the Rubi's are typically happy without the regear. Either way, I think his advice to ride it with stock gearing before I switch seems wise. I'm going with the 1.5" level upfront initially. If I run into any issues with rubbing offroad I'll pop on the OEM lift. But my 5'3" SO would prefer that it doesn't get any harder to climb into, so the decision to lift is a decision to add the RockSlider Step...and that's a pricy combo!