Albuquerque, NM, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Harland
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W3TAX
Exped megamat. We have the Duo 10 LW. It's about the same size as a double bed. They also have singles. There's also the megamat max which is even cushier.

They're not skinny little backpacking mats but they are super comfy.

Greeneggssam

Rank III

Advocate I

Houston, Texas, United States
First Name
Sam
Last Name
McGlone
Member #

We have Thermarest Mondo King mattresses and they have been game changers. We got ours at the REI garage sale (otherwise they would have been way outside our price range).

Mike W

US MidWest Region Local Expert
Staff member
Investor

Expedition Master III

Iowa, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
IowaLR4
Member #

I have spent an embarrassing amount on air pads. I like self inflating style. I started with some alps mountaineering comfort series pads. They are pretty good but are not perfectly flat, they have tube like surface. They are a good option.

Next I bought a bunch of different Thermarest pads. 2", 4", etc. They are really good pads, pack small and are a step above most pads.

But as you tend to see all over... people are downright passionate about Exped Megamat. I am also. They are 4", flat, and pack just as small as any of these others. Oddly though, they have a particular feel to them that can't be matched. The surface/surface tension in the top of them is somehow different and overall much more comfortable. They are pretty close to a home mattress, and I know that sounds like exaggeration.

They have the duo like mine and a smaller one.

1643661996626.png

MMc

Rank V

Influencer II

San Dimas, Ca.
First Name
Mike
Last Name
McMullen
Member #

I am a therm-a-reat fan I own a bunch of them. I like a very firm mattress guy.

Bostongal62

Rank IV

Member II

Newport, NH, USA
First Name
Lisa
Last Name
Clivio
Member #

I have the exped Megamat and it is very comfortable. If you want something a little more compact but still very comfortable try out the sea to summit Etherlite XT. The large women’s version is 25x72. It’s 4 inches thick with a air coil like top. They have a winter one too which ups the R value from a 3.2 to a 6.1.

Bostongal62

Rank IV

Member II

Newport, NH, USA
First Name
Lisa
Last Name
Clivio
Member #

Exped Megamat is very nice as others have stated. Another very comfortable option that is a bit less bulky is the Sea to Summit Etherlite XT. I recommend getting the 25 inch wide extreme version if you decide to go that route.

Reactions: Dimitri_Raptis