Rank IV

Enthusiast III

SF Bay Area
First Name
Huey
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Just wanted to get some of your opinions on a good folding camp table. I don't have much room in the Jeep so looking for something that folds up nice, but durable enough to not wobble or bend. Thanks in advance!

Reactions: RubiRigo

Brett L.

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Long Beach, CA, USA
First Name
Brett
Last Name
LaForest
Member #

I just recently purchased a REDCAMP 3' folding table. Not too expensive and folds up nicely. They have different sizes available.

Reactions: OLgadgets

OLgadgets

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

SF Bay Area
First Name
Huey
Last Name
Lee
Member #

I just recently purchased a REDCAMP 3' folding table. Not too expensive and folds up nicely. They have different sizes available.

Thanks Brett!!! I came across the smaller one in this brand and it looked good. How durable is it? Does it seem like if you put a little weight on it, it might break? Thanks again.

Brett L.

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Long Beach, CA, USA
First Name
Brett
Last Name
LaForest
Member #

Thanks Brett!!! I came across the smaller one in this brand and it looked good. How durable is it? Does it seem like if you put a little weight on it, it might break? Thanks again.
I have to admit that I don't have too much experience with it since I just got it but it does seem very sturdy, at least for my needs and the price was within my budget. The only downside is that it doesn't have an aluminum top so I'm not too sure about using it with my stove. The top feels like some type of hardened plastic so I'm also wondering how it would hold up under prolonged sun exposure. All in all it seems like a nice table for the price.

OLgadgets

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

SF Bay Area
First Name
Huey
Last Name
Lee
Member #

I have to admit that I don't have too much experience with it since I just got it but it does seem very sturdy, at least for my needs and the price was within my budget. The only downside is that it doesn't have an aluminum top so I'm not too sure about using it with my stove. The top feels like some type of hardened plastic so I'm also wondering how it would hold up under prolonged sun exposure. All in all it seems like a nice table for the price.
Gotcha, no worries. I read that the top is made of MDF, so probably not a good idea to lean into it too much or drop something with a corner on it. Otherwise, a cost-effective solution I think. Thanks.

socal66

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Covina, CA, USA
First Name
Carl
Last Name
Sampson
Member #

Another recommendation for the aluminum ALPS table. Its sturdy and durable and rolls up to the around the size of a camp chair and fits in the limited back space of my Jeep. I use the regular size table which is 43" long vs. the XL which is 55" long. The regular size will fit width-wise in the Jeep cargo area but the XL will not.

OLgadgets

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

SF Bay Area
First Name
Huey
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Don't know if you're still looking but the ALPS mountaineering aluminum tables are great.
The top is alloy slats (folds down) and the frame is all-metal, including hinges.
I have another with plastic hinges, but would not recommend it.
Got me one before the last trip and it worked out great for both use and ease of storage. Thank you!

socal geek guy

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Diego, CA, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Walker
Member #

i got one of those aluminum framed tables off amazon last year and it arrived with a hole in the table top. ended up getting a refund and didn't have to return it. the table top was the same type of board used in the peg boards for hanging stuff on the wall. the table works, but was a bit wobbly and i wouldn't trust it with a lot of weight. i went to walmart and got one of those lifetime brand folding tables for $40 (about the same price as the amazon table) and its waaaaaay more sturdy. i've used my butane stove on it and had no issues. when i pack up for a trip, its one of the first things in the back and i lay it on the bottom, then stack stuff on top of it. i highly recommend it, so much nicer having a decent table that is going to hold up and will last for years of use. Lifetime 5' Essential Fold-in-Half Table, Pearl, 280513, Steel Frame - Walmart.com

OutdoorsBen

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Western Massachusetts
Member #

I’ve tried a bunch of tables and landed on the Tepui as my favorite so far. It’s huge, which is a downfall as well if you don’t have enough space. Another one I liked was a folding bamboo table from amazon. I can’t think of the brand now.