Enthusiast II

Orange County, CA, USA
First Name
First
Last Name
Last
Ham/GMRS Callsign
[Private]
Family member just went in to the hospital so I wont have the time to do the install of an ARB compressor. Anyone recommend a good 4x shop in OC?

Online search I have found these shops local in OC:

Rebel Offroad
Adventure Offroad
Outlaw Offroad
4wheel Parts
Cali-Raised Offroad
Unique Offroad

smritte

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Ontario California
First Name
Scott
Last Name
SMR
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6BI
Rebel Offroad
Adventure Offroad
Outlaw Offroad
4wheel Parts
Cali-Raised Offroad
Unique Offroad
Rebel will charge you a bunch but will do a good job "if" you can get an appointment.
No knowledge of Adventure.
Outlaw. Have heard good things about them but haven't met them
4wheel parts. Odds are one of the "kids" will install it. The quality will be based on attitude and training. Their quality is very hit or miss. I have been dealing with them for a couple of decades.
Cali-Raised. Haven't talked to those guys in quite a while but, they use to be good.
Unique. Have heard the name and that's about it.

Most of these places can install a suspension kit fairly well. A couple, very well. If the compressor has a mount that goes somewhere and a premade harness for that spot, Odds are whoever does it will do well.
Custom install will be diffrent.

Dirt-Merchant

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Orange County, CA, USA
First Name
First
Last Name
Last
Ham/GMRS Callsign
[Private]
For anyone who is interested...

I ended up going with Unique Offroad, for the simple reason that they were the only one who took my calls. No one else even answered their phones, even after repeated attempts. Adventure Offroad took my call, but they would not work on customer supplied parts.

Oscar at Unique was very nice and was a pleasure to work with. He got me in the very next day due to an opening from a cancelation. Quoted me a very reasonable price and was finished with the work within the quoted timeframe. Workmanship was very good, and he accommodated all my requests perfectly. He followed all standard wiring protocols (ex: fuses located as near battery as possible, etc), wrapped and zip-tied etc.. Overall very satisfied with my experience at Unique Offroad..