Recent Trip to Death Valley

• HTML tutorial

Hella-Buggin'

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

SF Bay Area
Member #

This was my second time there but the first time for the family. I've been acquiring gear for the trip and feel pretty good about the rig and setup.

Myself, the wifey, two 11 year olds and a Staffy made the journey with some friends for three nights of Death Valley in it's glorious splendor. The wife was really taken away with the beauty.

Cottonwood Canyon / Marble Canyon & Hole In The Wall.IMG_2296.jpg IMG_2380.jpg IMG_2487.jpg IMG_2292.jpg

IMG_5778.JPG.jpeg IMG_5944.JPG.jpg

midniteT4Rtrail

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Castro Valley
Member #

Looks fantastic. This trip is on my bucket list for sure. Did you find it helpful to do this without the family first before taking them?

Hella-Buggin'

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

SF Bay Area
Member #

It was helpful only in the sense that I knew what I was doing a little more. Knowing what to bring and what to expect was all that was gained. If you're an experienced Overlander and / or camper then you'll be fine.

Reactions: midniteT4Rtrail

midniteT4Rtrail

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Castro Valley
Member #

Thanks. I'm a novice so I'd rather do something like this without my family first and preferably with others. I'm in the Bay Area if you ever go again.

Hella-Buggin'

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

SF Bay Area
Member #

Probably won't be going down anytime soon. Just grab a buddy and go. Now is a great time of year. It can get cold at night in higher elevations so prepare. Daytime temps were in the 70's. T-Shirt and Shorts.

Reactions: midniteT4Rtrail

JR402

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Manteca, CA
Member #

For those who haven’t been there yet, check out Titus Canyon. Great trail in the vicinity of Death Valley that starts out near a small ghost town called Rhyolite, NV (little trivia: the town was the first town they went to when they got out of the facility in the movie “The Island” - Ewen McGregor and Scarlett Johansson). Anyway, it’s a nice little trail that isn’t too technical and most vehicles except street bikes should make it through. I took a 4x4 Ram 1500 with stock suspension through it and made it through without any drama. Did see some people go through there in a Camaro convertible - I can only assume it was a rental, and they got the insurance lol. They passed me up on the trail while we were taking photos and I never saw them again.

Last edited:
Reactions: Andy G