Launch Member

Member III

Chelan, WA.
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Myers
Member #

Looking at the Smittybuilt rear bumper with a rear tire carrier for my XJ. Has anyone used this bumper?
Jeepmedic46,
look up and give Jeff a call from Rockridge4wd. here in Wenatchee, WA. He is a real great guy and has lots of product knowledge. He will give you honest opinion on different products even if you don’t buy from him. Look his shop up on the Internet, if you don’t see his shop let me know and I can give you his number. Not what you asked, but I like JCR bumpers and products. Quality Super from what I have seen and purchased for my 95’ XJ. Vance.

Reactions: Jeepmedic46

Jeepmedic46

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Orange, Ma
First Name
William
Last Name
Domey
Member #

Jeepmedic46,
look up and give Jeff a call from Rockridge4wd. here in Wenatchee, WA. He is a real great guy and has lots of product knowledge. He will give you honest opinion on different products even if you don’t buy from him. Look his shop up on the Internet, if you don’t see his shop let me know and I can give you his number. Not what you asked, but I like JCR bumpers and products. Quality Super from what I have seen and purchased for my 95’ XJ. Vance.
Thank you, I’ll check him out and I’ll look up JCR bumpers and products.

Tupenny

Rank V
Investor

Pathfinder I

Longwood, Florida
First Name
Boulder
Last Name
Dash
Member #

I have a smittybilt gen2 with the carrier. It comes with pre-drilled holes for mounting things, decent back-up LED's and hi-lift jack points built in for lifting.

What you see mounted is a 4' firestick, two 1.75 gallon rotopax & hi-lift. The tire holder (that's a 32") mounts directly to the frame through a hole on the bumper.

The door became "heavier" to operate after install than stock. I called and they said it could be adjusted however I've learned to live with it.

I'm happy with itIMG_20180926_185609.jpeg