Enthusiast III

Southern California
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Rangsipat
Member #

Hey guys,

This year I wanted to really flesh out the rear of my rig (5th gen 4runner) with a nice drawer/cargo setup. I recently scored a great deal on an ARB 50qt so that's really my main motivation to get it all integrated together on a heavy duty slide along with the associated wiring that's needed to power it correctly.

Since the vehicle serves as a daily driver most of the time, I'm a little conflicted as to what the best configuration would be. I'd like to retain some sort of usability when not venturing off road! Currently I have a single Plano case that has recovery gear and other essentials located in the rear cargo area.

Please post up any photos/experiences with your setups, definitely looking to learn. A dream setup would be something from Goose Gear, and seeing as how they are local, it's still a possibility :)

4xFar Adventures

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Benefactor

San Francisco,CA
First Name
Brenton
Last Name
Corns
Member #

This was my setup for many years with just the Tuffy lock box. About 4 years ago the ARB fridge was added.

Early last year the cargo interior was gutted of the trim, Tuffy box removed and I added the wood box to store 2 Pelican 1550 cases. The ARB was put on a slide out.

Then a friend and I built the shelf over the ARB. It's hinged in the back so the shelf itself rotates out of the way to remove the CO2 tank. We added a simple latch on the roof to hold the shelf out of the way.

Jaydub514

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Southern California
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Rangsipat
Member #

Awesome thanks for sharing!

Really looking hard at the Goose Gear plate system that allows for modular mounting of any one of their setups...if I just went with the fridge box on one side I would still have a flat surface on the other for random cases etc.