Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

California, USA
First Name
Sean
Last Name
S
I completely agree. I have a JK unlimited too and love the storage solution that this guy was able to come up with. What's most impressive is that he made it himself! I looked at ARB drawer options, jeep kitchen systems, AT storage drawer options, etc. but always came across the same problem. I have an Alpine subwoofer in the floor of my jeep and its location prevents most of the various solutions on the market from fitting into my jeep. Most require that they be bolted directly to the floor of the jeep and need access to the recessed well where the subwoofer currently calls home. Space is limited inside a jeep and I would love to one day install a sliding drawer system. I already have an ARB fridge and ideally would like to permanently attach it to a fridge slide mounted like the example in the video. For a while, I considered placing a raised floor on top of the current floor/subwoofer but the price and weight of that solution was not ideal. I'm still on the lookout for a solution that works with what I have. I like the Alpine sound system and given the cost of it, I would like to keep it. In the meantime, I have totes, crates, bags, etc. for gear but it is not ideal and a bit disorganized.

Cam_Cam_Tech

Rank VI

Pathfinder III

Pleasant Hill, CA
First Name
Camilo
Last Name
Sanchez
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6QLZ
That's a nice setup, I wonder if anything rattles or makes noise going down a fire road. I think that's my biggest thing is I don't like things moving around and noises.
Also consider what you use your rear space area the most. I personally constantly have random objects in the back of the 4runner and/or have a 85lb dog ridding with me often. So I went with a two drawer system that covers the entire area behind the seats and is about 8-9" tall, added some carpet so thru the window it looks stock. 250lb rails hold the heavy tools and recovery that gets locked up. Then I can set anything on top like action packers and strap them down. You could bolt the ARB fridge rails or pullout system on top of the drawers.

Teague

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Fairview, TN
Member #

That's a nice setup, I wonder if anything rattles or makes noise going down a fire road. I think that's my biggest thing is I don't like things moving around and noises.
Also consider what you use your rear space area the most. I personally constantly have random objects in the back of the 4runner and/or have a 85lb dog ridding with me often. So I went with a two drawer system that covers the entire area behind the seats and is about 8-9" tall, added some carpet so thru the window it looks stock. 250lb rails hold the heavy tools and recovery that gets locked up. Then I can set anything on top like action packers and strap them down. You could bolt the ARB fridge rails or pullout system on top of the drawers.

I really like that especially that it's lockable. Did you make it?

Cam_Cam_Tech

Rank VI

Pathfinder III

Pleasant Hill, CA
First Name
Camilo
Last Name
Sanchez
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6QLZ
I really like that especially that it's lockable. Did you make it?
Yes we did, helps to have close friends that are in some type of trade for a living. He's a cabinet/custom garage builder with his own business. He cut me the entire drawer system on his CNC machine haha. Its nothing fancy or "overland" extreme but does the job for what I wanted them for.

boehml

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

British Columbia
First Name
Liam
Last Name
-
Member #

I'm currently sporting the Trekboxx system. They are made in the USA. Jeep and Land Cruisers. Check my build link for more pics of it.

This is one of the nicest drawer systems I have seen, that fit is amazing.

Tom (Steel Industries)

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Vacaville, CA 95687, USA
Member #

Nice!

Glenn

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate I

New Tazewell, Tennessee, USA
First Name
Glenn
Last Name
Cote
Member #

I really love the looks of some of these systems but I have a hard time locking myself into something elaborate and permanently installed.

RobRed

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Awesome set up... but, WOW! The price is off the hook.
Price I suppose is relative. This is my third system. I built one. I bought the ARB then the TrekBoxX. The TB makes no noise and has incredibly flexible design elements. When you add in all the features of my TB system and price compare the premium is not as big as you think.

Example: The ARB /outback drawers were 1850 landed to my door. Add in a Steel cargo barrier and $2400. I think the TB equivalent is 3500. Wow 1100 more... except that 1100 buys a lot like the real Linex finish, 500lb accuride full extension slides , Richlite work surface (Richlite!). Top of the line stuff. Oh and made in America if that matters.

Depends what matters to you - no wrong answer. Thanks for checking out my pics.

Reactions: Glenn

PNW EXPLR

Local Expert Southeast Washington, USA
Investor

Explorer I

Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Denniston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LYZ
Both of these systems are very nice. Nothing for us Full Sizers though. Really like the coating on the TrekBox system. Bet this adds a lot of strength, and easier to clean than carpet.

Overland-Indiana

Overland Bound - Midwest Regional Ambassador
Launch Member

Influencer II

Kokomo
Member #

Some really awesome drawer systems here. I have wanted to build one but my XJ really doesn't have much cargo space as it is, so I will probably be building a trailer instead

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Sure would like to have the plans of the OverlandLife box, does anyone know if they are available?

Reactions: mtnlobo1

w_m_photo

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Gahanna, OH
First Name
Walt
Last Name
Middleton
Member #

I'm sold on some of the features the individual in the fist post has in his. Especially hiding the table there and easy access to the cubby in the back of the Jeep. A false floor is in the planning stages for my Jeep. Hopefully I'll have time to build and install it before this summer.