ratchet strap spare tire accessory mount

• HTML tutorial

Rexplorer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Educator I

Lake Country, BC, Canada
Member #

i've come across mounts for jerry cans and rotopax that are basically a ratchet strap that cinches around a rear mounted spare. seems like it has potential. anyone use one? thoughts? pictures?

theBROFESSOR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Conway, Arkansas
Member #

Reason I like that one is that I could also use my trasharoo which I use religiously. My spare tire would be getting a lot of extra attention and if I needed it, it might take a few extra minutes to take off, but having a smaller vehicle such as an FJ you must look for all of the external space you can get to haul necessities such as beer. lol

Reactions: Rexplorer

Rexplorer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Educator I

Lake Country, BC, Canada
Member #

Reason I like that one is that I could also use my trasharoo which I use religiously. My spare tire would be getting a lot of extra attention and if I needed it, it might take a few extra minutes to take off, but having a smaller vehicle such as an FJ you must look for all of the external space you can get to haul necessities such as beer. lol
i pack the beer first in my fj.

canadianoverlanders

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Whitehorse, YT, Canada
First Name
Marcus
Last Name
and Laurie
Member #

i've come across mounts for jerry cans and rotopax that are basically a ratchet strap that cinches around a rear mounted spare. seems like it has potential. anyone use one? thoughts? pictures?
Not sure I am tracking what you mean.... Does the following help? I use a Garvin bumper with a swing out tire carrier which has equipment holders for axe, shovel, Hi-Lift and a basket over tire carrier/there are 2 jerry can holders one on each side of the tire. I don't have a real good pic of the straps but they are similar to a rachet strap without the rachet if that makes any sense. It frees up a lot of room in the jeep and keeps the weight off the roof. With that said, I run Fox 2.0 shocks front and rear. The ride is set up as a 2" in the front and 3" in the rear to compensate for weight on the rear past the rear axel. Hope this helps?
IMG_0154.JPG