Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Diego, CA, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Walker
Member #

I got an email from OB that they have a code for a 35% discount on these Ratchet Ranglers. I like the idea of having a simple pouch to put ratchet straps in to help keep them more organized and not a rats nest of straps everywhere. Anyone on here use them yet? Also, if any of you want the OB code from the email, its: OVERLANDBOUND

The pricing in the email said they'd be $13 for a 3 pack of the pouches. I might have to buy a few to test them out.

Reactions: MiamiC70

danwyandt

Rank VII
Investor

Trail Mechanic III

Burnsville, NC, USA
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Wyandt
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRTJ513
I've had some in my toolbox for 3 months or so. I'm no longer embarrassed getting out straps that seem to curl into knots entirely on their own 10 seconds after I close the lid.

Ethan N

Local Expert, East Region USA

Guardian II

Ocean County, NJ, USA
First Name
Ethan
Last Name
Newago
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
Bags in Bags - YouTube

In all seriousness though, my truck ratchet straps came with a bag straight from the store. I keep about 6 in there, then I have a used bag from something else that I keep my garage straps in on the shelf. Ridiculous to keep each strap in a bag haha, just wrap them up nice and tight, mine even have a velcro keeper that wraps around the whole thing when rolled up. If you really need help from tangles just buy some rubber bands.

Carnage_95YJ

Rank VII

Expedition Master I

Matthews, North Carolina
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Casaburro
Member #

I thought they went over the ratchet in use to keep the tail from whipping in the wind.
I have a bin in my work truck with different length straps. I just tie an overhand knot in them and toss them in. No tangles!

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
this looks like something i would see advertised on tv at 2 in the morning...right after the ginsu knife commercial and just before the snuggie commercial...

announcer: "Tired of this ever happening to you..."
*camera pans over to guy laying on the ground helplessly tangled up in ratchet straps as his wife desperately calls 911 for help*

announcer: "Well...not anymore!"
*bright flash of light and now tangled guy is smiling and holding three ratchet strap bags with the ratchet straps magically coiled inside*
*wife is now smiling in the background, but secretly wishing she had married someone else. her smile slowly fades with the scene...*

fin

Last edited:

MOAK

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Wernersville Public Library, North Reber Street, Wernersville, PA, USA
First Name
Donald
Last Name
Diehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRPN 506
My wife has all our ratchet straps well trained. With her in charge the straps never misbehave. So, there is no need for isolation. They live quite nicely with the general population of bungees, a stratchet, a small collection of those ever handy gear/nite ties, and herkimer connectors, nicely fitted into a miniature duffle bag that was free with something else long ago.

Reactions: grubworm

Viking1204

Rank V
Mod Team
Investor

Member III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
I roll my up and pack them in a small plastic $5 tote with a lid that locks on, holds 8-10 straps easily and I don't have any tangle issues when I wrap them up neatly after use.

Reactions: MiamiC70