Uk. 53.4084 N 2 .9916W.
First Name
Black
Last Name
Tan
Member #

Service Branch
Boys brigade
Qestion , have any members used this product on wheel arches And lower body on a newish truck

Excursioner

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Springfield, Oregon
First Name
Ex
Last Name
Cursioner
Member #

I have my 4 at kit ready to apply along the lower body line of my excursion. I'll take some pics as I jump into the project and let you know of any issues I run into. I understand prep is key so I will focus one whole three day weekend to proper prep, then follow that up with the application.

Attachments

RootedWanderers

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Pelham, Alabama 35124
First Name
Wayne
Last Name
Sullivan
Member #

I have a good friend here in Alabama that went and sprayed his entire Lexus LX450 and wow it turned out amazing. He is a member on here so I'm hoping he chimes in with a few pictures of it. It's very rugged, great texture to it. I think it took 5 or 6 of the car kits sprayed to do his entire LX.

DHebert

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Birmingham, AL
Member #

Like @OBJK said, I did my whole 97 LX450 in Raptor liner. The truck was also completely deflared and the holes in the body were patched with panel bond, sanded down and then sprayed over. The work was done by a professional paint and body guy in my area. There is one blemish on the left front fender that only shows up when the light hits it just right or if you take a photos and then raise the brightness and the contrast. The guy that sprayed it said he would respray it and fix it but I haven't taken the time to get the truck back to him yet. I have an album of the whole project here: https://goo.gl/photos/csEksdXMycWLMRyF7

IMG_20170424_183912.jpg IMG_20170419_173624.jpg IMG_20170420_064402.jpg

Last edited:

blackntan

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Uk. 53.4084 N 2 .9916W.
First Name
Black
Last Name
Tan
Member #

Service Branch
Boys brigade
Like @OBJK said, I did my whole 97 LX450 in Raptor liner. The truck was also completely deflared and the holes in the body were patched with panel bond, sanded down and then sprayed over. The work was done by a professional paint and body guy in my area. There is one blemish on the left front fender that only shows up when the light hits it just right or if you take a photos and then raise the brightness and the contrast. The guy that sprayed it said he would respray it and fix it but I haven't taken the time to get the truck back to him yet. I have an album of the whole project here: https://goo.gl/photos/csEksdXMycWLMRyF7

View attachment 27259 View attachment 27260 View attachment 27258
Many thanks for your detailed input i was having secound thoughts on going through with it but after seeing your project iam going ahead all be it only the wheel arches and bottom panels. BnT

1derer

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Carlsbad, CA, USA
First Name
user
Last Name
name
Member #

I am also interested in using Raptor liner for my camper maybe the cab. I am under the impression the higher pressure you spray it on the flatter (less texture) it applies? Any thoughts on equipment for spraying, guns, pressure, I have a fairly good size air compressor so think Im good there.

blackntan

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Uk. 53.4084 N 2 .9916W.
First Name
Black
Last Name
Tan
Member #

Service Branch
Boys brigade
I am also interested in using Raptor liner for my camper maybe the cab. I am under the impression the higher pressure you spray it on the flatter (less texture) it applies? Any thoughts on equipment for spraying, guns, pressure, I have a fairly good size air compressor so think Im good there.
Check out the youtube raptor tutorials

Reactions: 1derer

MentalAtom

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Flitwick, Bedfordshire, UK
Member #

On my vanagon I have done the lower panels in raptor, because it's supposedly tough so should protect the paintwork from chips/sharp edges down there. I'm yet to do anything where that is put to the test, but it's certainly something a bit different - it feels more like plastic when it dries and it's been rollered on.

Roger352

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

, Cornwall PL17 , United Kingdom
First Name
Roger
Last Name
Smith
Member #

You can also thin it down by about 20% to work with a spray gun.

Reactions: 1derer

blackntan

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Uk. 53.4084 N 2 .9916W.
First Name
Black
Last Name
Tan
Member #

Service Branch
Boys brigade
Now there is the problem the lad who sprayed it said he had a schultz gun but it turn out its a difrent gun than the rapter so its sort of inbeetween , so now i dont know wether to put another coat over or leave it

blackntan

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Uk. 53.4084 N 2 .9916W.
First Name
Black
Last Name
Tan
Member #

Service Branch
Boys brigade
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg Update ive bought the gun , but like the finish he has done so will get him to do the rest the same , ive had my roof rack powder coated. Really like it

Don Jackson

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Grove City, Ohio 43123
First Name
Don
Last Name
Jackson
Member #

I've seen a lot of the Raptor YouTube video's, but none seem to have long term reviews. Does anybody have any personal long term knowledge regarding how it holds up?

xathor

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Harvest, AL
Member #

The flexible wheel arches on my Defender are sprayed with raptor liner. I am surprised how flexible it is! I assumed that it would chip off or crack but I have been pleasantly surprised how well its held up on the arches. My front and rear bumpers as well as my rock sliders are also sprayed with the raptor liner. I love the texture and it holds up to a pressure washer quite well. The interior of my defender is lined in a product similar to dynamat and sprayed over the top with a grey tinted raptor liner and it has held up well except on the edges of the dynamat where it has chipped and started flaking off.

I can take some pictures if you are interested.

Don Jackson

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Grove City, Ohio 43123
First Name
Don
Last Name
Jackson
Member #

That is good to hear. How long has it been on there? Seem like a ton of work if it's not going to last. for more than a few years.

xathor

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Harvest, AL
Member #

Here you can see the edges of the dynamat, that are essentially a thin aluminum sheet, where the liner has chipped off. In the other picture I'm pressing pretty hard on the flexible flare enough to deflect it well over an inch with no problems or cracking.

I don't know the exact age of the liner but it's over 2 years old.

Attachments

Reactions: Jimmy P