Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

First Name
Egan
Last Name
Burgess
Member #

I am seriously considering apply this product to the outside of my Excursion. It seems to be a much less expensive alternative to Rhino, Line-X, etc. It is tintable so I can choose the color(s). I have watched many videos and read about the application and it seems like something I can do. I was just wondering if any one on here has exprience applying the product or long term reviews.

Odgunrunner15

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor I

Member #

I have applied it to 5 or 6 different rigs. It is easy to spray and the finish is excellent. I've used it to do the interior floors in the landcruisers I have built and the entire underside of the Fj60 I recently finished. Great product with an exceptional price.

Egan

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

First Name
Egan
Last Name
Burgess
Member #

I have applied it to 5 or 6 different rigs. It is easy to spray and the finish is excellent. I've used it to do the interior floors in the landcruisers I have built and the entire underside of the Fj60 I recently finished. Great product with an exceptional price.
Have you ever used the tintable version? Did you use their spray gun? Have any idea how much area you can cover with one kit? Sorrt for all the questions.

Odgunrunner15

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor I

Member #

I have only used the black. I have used their gun every time and it works great. I put an air regulator in line to control the flow which I recommend. As far as coverage is concerned I can spray the floor and bottom of an fj60 tub with a single kit. Around 35 sq ft with pretty heavy coverage. Hope this helps.

Reactions: Egan

Blaine

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Grande Prairie AB
Member #

I have used this in my FJ40 restomod. It is a great product, very hard once cured. There gun works great, a regulator is a must! The gun cranks out a lot of cfm too so a home depot 2-3 cfm compressor isn’t enough. I found you don’t have than much time once you mix and start because it is catalized. I wouldn’t want to wait for my compressor to recharge cause it starts to get thick on you. I used 1 kit on the bottom/firewall of my project which is actually a 43 length body after the project, which in hind site is a little thin. If you get it on thin it isn’t sealed and water can get in to start rust if you are going over bare or primed steel. Painted will be fine. I used 2.5 kits to do the whole inside of my Fj40/43, floor/back sides ceiling. Again, in hindsight I put it on too thin, because it is not as sealed as I would have liked.

Bottom line it is a good product, put it on 20% heavier than the box suggests. The colour will be a touch lighter if you are going for an exact colour match, or at least it did on the red and grey in my project. It is VERY smelly so you need to do it outside or in mechanically vented area and I strongly recommend an organic vapour filter half mask respirator. I cleaned it up easily with ‘gun wash’ which is really strong paint thinner auto body guys use. By the time I had sprayed 3.5 kits I was comfortable with getting a consistent finish. Low pressure is you friend.

More details can be found somewhere in my build thread on IH8MUD: Here

Egan

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

First Name
Egan
Last Name
Burgess
Member #

Thanks for the information, it is really appreciated. I think I am going to give it try. i will probably weight until spring when there is not so much moisture in the air.

Captain Josh

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Mid-Michigan
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Fornwall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W4WOL
I am considering this as well for a couple of projects, primarily on my trailer. Good to hear positive things from the team. I'll be sure to put up a post of my own once I get to it.

Reactions: Egan

Egan

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

First Name
Egan
Last Name
Burgess
Member #

I am considering this as well for a couple of projects, primarily on my trailer. Good to hear positive things from the team. I'll be sure to put up a post of my own once I get to it.
Hey Captain,

I know you probably have seen them but just in case, there are a few really good (also a few really bad) videos on youtube.

Reactions: Captain Josh