Launch Member

Traveler III

Hayden, Idaho, United States
First Name
Andy
Last Name
Jacobson
Member #

At the last Gold Country meeting someone mentioned the Off Road Park off hwy50 . I briefly checked it out on line. Has anyone been to it? Sounds like it might make a decent “ pre snow melt“ outing for the group, looks Like we now have a formidable member list and it would be nice to maybe use it as a sort of litmus test for us to review or learn what our rigs can/can’t do before the season really starts. and an “on the job” meet & greet. Thoughts? just tossing it out there, I’ve never heard of the place before Saturday's meeting. Talk amongst yourselves..

Reactions: Christian Chua

The mad aquarius

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Grass Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Chad
Last Name
Cook
Member #

Most likely they're talking about Praire City OHV park. The same place where the Hangtown Motocross is every year. I personally haven't been there, but have heard it has some decent terrain.

California Overland

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Roseville, Ca.
Member #

Prairie City OHV. It's ok. I bought a season's pass thinking I would want to use it a lot...I didn't. Went twice. Admittedly some of the terrain offered doesn't suit my style, so I was somewhat limited in what I actually wanted to wheel on. Give it a shot, you might like it. Or you might do it once and say thanks for the experience.

CTO1Mike

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler II

Yuba City, CA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lester
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC5DWF
Service Branch
Navy
If there is a cost for admission, then I probably will pass. There are plenty of good trails up in the "hills".