Morganton, NC
First Name
Jonathan
Last Name
Shores
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force
Got the Detours of Maine spare tire carrier ordered. Should have it in about 4 weeks-ish. Then I need to get a cheap wheel(same offset and backspacing) and a serviceable full size spare. This is an example of the one I ordered.

How were they to deal with? Just found their product on forum tonight. Was considering a much more costly option. Their website is a little lacking, which is fine, but couldn’t tell much about the customer service side of the house. Thanks!

RedRunner87

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA
First Name
Vince
Last Name
Torres
How were they to deal with? Just found their product on forum tonight. Was considering a much more costly option. Their website is a little lacking, which is fine, but couldn’t tell much about the customer service side of the house. Thanks!
The owner was awesome to deal with, responded back really fast. He gave me a couple options and how much it would cost. I would definitely recommend them on the communication part. He said the lead time was about 4 weeks, so won't have an opinion on the product till probably January.

OperationContingency

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Morganton, NC
First Name
Jonathan
Last Name
Shores
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force
The owner was awesome to deal with, responded back really fast. He gave me a couple options and how much it would cost. I would definitely recommend them on the communication part. He said the lead time was about 4 weeks, so won't have an opinion on the product till probably January.
Awesome man, thanks for the reply. I’ve found that a lot of times companies with good communication also have a good product. I’ll give him a ring and tell him you sent me![emoji1360]

RedRunner87

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA
First Name
Vince
Last Name
Torres
Here is the test fit. Still trying to figure out a couple pieces, and yes it is leaning towards the right. I believe that is more on my receiver hitch than he manufacturing. Might have to get a couple shims on that side.

Untitled by redrunner87, on Flickr

Here are the two pieces I am unsure about. This pieces attaches to the back side of the piece that goes into the receiver. There is a bolt inside and two washers that screw into the loose pieces

This seems to not go anywhere

kiloxraysierra

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Kitchener, ON, Canada
First Name
Kirk
Last Name
Sinclair
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
VA3KXS
Here is the test fit. Still trying to figure out a couple pieces, and yes it is leaning towards the right. I believe that is more on my receiver hitch than he manufacturing. Might have to get a couple shims on that side.

Here are the two pieces I am unsure about. This pieces attaches to the back side of the piece that goes into the receiver. There is a bolt inside and two washers that screw into the loose pieces

This seems to not go anywhere

Those two pieces bolt together and as you tighten they spread, pushing against the insides of the receiver to hold it in there. May straighten things out too.

Reactions: Sonarman